The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Yes, but just to be clear I would oppose fracking regardless of where they were drilling. I wouldn't feel as upset if they did it in Tory heartlands but it shouldn't be done regardless.

The founder of Cuadrilla (can't remember his name and can't be arsed googling, although it would have been quicker than typing this...) said fracking would be a non-starter in the UK. The geology isn't suitable. Just a few small pockets here and there.

OK, i looked it up

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/sep/21/fracking-wont-work-uk-founder-chris-cornelius-cuadrilla

This is just tremendous.

Liz Truss' Aides 'Pretended Family Members Had Died' To Avoid BBC Question Time

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/liz-truss-aides-pretended-family-members-had-died-to-avoid-bbc-question-time_uk_634fb2a4e4b04cf8f37def00

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

f**k me, even Egon Spengler is on the news saying Truss should go. 

20221019_183920.jpg

Every time I see him I get raging, rejected by the Scottish people umpteen times and foisted on us. Him alone is a fantastic advert for independence.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Every time I see him I get raging, rejected by the Scottish people umpteen times and foisted on us. Him alone is a fantastic advert for independence.

In fairness he was an MEP before getting pumped by Pete Wishart.

And defeated Zuul to send Gozer the Gozarian back to his own dimension. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't know the numbers in the Parliamentary Tory Party anymore, but they got rid of loads of the wets and One Nation types in Johnson's cull and deselections. The ERG have had their first opportunity to put their dreams into reality, and its been a total disaster. Can't see them just handing over power to the centrists though, this soap opera has longer to run. The obvious solution to the ruling party imploding would be a general election, but that would mean half of the Tory MPs losing their jobs.

This is what I find most worrying - that the Hunt-led U-turn to a fairly callous version of austerity has somehow become both centrist and orthodox.

Edited by btb

30 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The debate is on now,just loads of Tories  saying they don't support fracking .......but will vote for/abstain as local people should have the final say so that's there cop out .One even said he is voting for it so they don't withdraw his whip because he wants his letter of no confidence against Truss to count....they are a shambles 

Here he is

https://twitter.com/mikegalsworthy/status/1582728355178110976?t=gxRt995tWpgcOD-5In7C1A&s=19

Just now, Highlandmagar said:

One Tory MP blaming the treasury and BofE for not supporting the mini budget, saying people inside these institutions deliberately caused the financial crash. You just could not make up what these fascist b*****ds say.

Can only hope they don't ACTUALLY believe that, otherwise we are on an increasingly dangerous path.