The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

Judging by the behind-the-scenes re-emergence of the guy below it looks like the hard-right Eurosceptics are working very hard to sandbag Truss as some sort of puppet Prime Minister who will dance robotically to their tune.  His past proximity to Lynton Crosby should be an immediate red flag for anyone of remotely liberal thought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Canzini

If this IS the case then short of Gove and whoever having the cojones to take them on and dethrone Truss then the nightmare for the British electorate may be about to trundle on.

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

She threw Kwarteng under the bus for her policies and now it looks like Hunt is today's victim. If the triple-lock was staying then Hunt had the chance to break the news and get the back slaps. Acting this way Truss maybe hopes for the black slaps. She'll get them but unfortunately for her it'll likely be 

image.thumb.jpg.5992361419996d7563db92f30364d657.jpg

My guess is that the faction led by Hunt want her to scrap the triple lock before they remove her so the successor as PM can promise to bring it back at the next election. 

Truss wisely is not playing ball. 

There's that many of them plotting, counter plotting, backstabbing and "laying traps" for one another that it's pretty impossible to have any real theories on who's calling the tunes anymore and what their ultimate aims are etc.

A GE to get rid of this whole sorry band of charlatans is the only answer, however we all know that's not going to happen as self preservation is the only thing we can be sure of where they're all concerned.

Continuing Shambles !!

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

It is truly bizarre.  If they were keeping the triple lock it should have been a major policy announcement for them, particularly as Hunt had refused to confirm it in the last 48 hours.  Announcing it in answer to a question is just bizarre; did they really think they could get through PMQs without it being raised?

Clusterfuckery x 10.

If they f**k off the pensioners surely that's the baw burst for them ( even more so than now?) they've relied on auld c***s to vote them in, although most of the wealthier ones won't be relying on the state pension much anyway

5 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I had relations in Hartlepool, and like Central Scotland the North East of England has had much of its economy and social fabric ripped apart from Thatcher onwards.

Again, like much of Scotland, with few Tory MP's in place retaliation was taken out on an ineffective Labour Party.  In Scotland the vote migrated to the SNP, but in the NE however very it disturbingly went firstly to UKIP and once they had made inroads it fell to Johnson's lies over Brexit - it is ironic that Sunderland as featured on the telly this morning recorded the highest percentage Leave vote in the UK.

Many, many people there are now in dire straits and that's grim, but there's no doubt that over time they shot themselves very badly in both feet.

This is a popular misconception, resulting from the strangely high profile of Mackemland in Brexit mythology.  Sunderland was well down the list of Brexit-voting local authority areas.

https://ig.ft.com/sites/elections/2016/uk/eu-referendum/

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

The entire Tyne, Wear and Tees region is the bastion of brexit voting shitehole, populated by racist arseholes. 

As a long-term resident of the north-east of England, I would take issue with this daft generalisation. Not least by pointing out that Newcastle-upon-Tyne voted Remain.  Newcastle-under-Lyme voted 63% Leave. There are many areas of England more deserving of your contempt. 

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It is truly bizarre.

It really was, wasn't it? Still trying to make some sense of it. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

My guess is that the faction led by Hunt want her to scrap the triple lock before they remove her so the successor as PM can promise to bring it back at the next election. 

Truss wisely is not playing ball. 

Interesting point. I'm not sure it makes her position any more tenable. This might be the only time we'll see "Truss wisely" anywhere! 

34 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

There's that many of them plotting, counter plotting, backstabbing and "laying traps" for one another that it's pretty impossible to have any real theories on who's calling the tunes anymore and what their ultimate aims are etc.

It's every one for themselves by the look of it. There didn't seem to be any cohesion or "togetherness" anywhere and the soft set-up "questions" about rugby, football, and a military yomp across the Brecon Beacons was cringeworthy. 

17 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

As a long-term resident of the north-east of England, I would take issue with this daft generalisation. Not least by pointing out that Newcastle-upon-Tyne voted Remain.  Newcastle-under-Lyme voted 63% Leave. There are many areas of England more deserving of your contempt. 

I was there a few months ago and knew as soon as I stepped out the car that it was a 60%+ Leave part of the world. Ironically 'leave' was near enough my first thought on arrival. Horrible.