The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Liz Truss is comically delusional. Imagine being married to someone so unhinged.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/feb/06/leftwing-economic-establishment-liz-truss-small-state

"This soul-searching has not been easy,” she writes. But though she looked everywhere, Liz Truss never found it. Instead, she found blame to scatter on everyone but herself for the havoc left by her 49 days: even ChatGPT would have written her 4,000-word non-apologia with more humanity and humility. Truss’s attempt at resurrection would be easily dismissed, except that her hallucinations are rampant across her party: ideas not cauterised by searing confrontation with reality."

I see that's dreary Polly Toynbee. I'll give it a miss. They should let John Crace loose on Liz Trump. That'd be a riot.

9 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

I see that's dreary Polly Toynbee. I'll give it a miss. They should let John Crace loose on Liz Trump. That'd be a riot.

Your wish etc............................

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/feb/06/dimmer-than-she-appears-or-totally-dishonest-liz-truss-may-be-both

• Bully Wee Villa changed the title to The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread
  • 2 weeks later...

As close as you'll get to the inside story on demented Liz's 49 days in No 10. Quote is a bit at the end about some of the trust funders who were behind her all the way but pretend it was nothing to do with them.

So what's happened to those people who were in Liz Truss's No 10? Well, as soon as it ended, some of them jetted off to Chief of Staff Mark Fullbright's villa on the Caribbean island of St Lucia, to nurse their wounds in style, leaving the destruction far behind them. 

49 days of Liz Truss: The inside story

On 17/02/2023 at 15:52, welshbairn said:

As close as you'll get to the inside story on demented Liz's 49 days in No 10. Quote is a bit at the end about some of the trust funders who were behind her all the way but pretend it was nothing to do with them.

49 days of Liz Truss: The inside story

Listened to this on your recommendation today.

'Twas very good.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

There's being right-wing; and there is being right-wing and nuts. She's increasingly the latter.

She's also a fucking laughing stock. 

71KwYLbrhOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

As far as I'm aware, she's not standing down at the next election. A fine indication of where the Tories are heading in opposition. Lee Anderson and Johnson's "Red Wall" lot will be gone, but Truss, Braverman, Patel, Francois and most of the grey-faced lot will still be there. 

We all knew that Truss was useless years before being made Prime Minister as some kind of bet (presumably), but folk are being far too nice in believing she's nuts. She's a chancer who was too talentless to take advantage of her good fortune and has decided to follow the bottom-feeding right-wing grift that we've become familiar with in recent years.

Her actual politics are probably still closer to the stuff she was coming out with before she realised she was never getting near power as a Lib Dem but, as with all of them, the top priority is personal enrichment.

I don't think that's right. There's always (rightly) some suspicion when a politician's views change, but in the real world this is actually very natural - viewpoints can and do change. 

Liz Truss failed spectacularly on the biggest stage and she became a global laughing stock. I do think that at least most of the stuff she is coming out with are genuinely-held views as she seeks to paint herself as a victim and avoid the realisation that her downfall was entirely of her own doing. She obviously hoped that Kwarteng would have to carry the blame for it all, but she was the PM and not him; she can't abdicate responsibility when she was in charge and his actions were in accordance with her approval. 

The stuff about trans activists bringing her down is right out of the alt-right playbook and I don't think that's something that she does actually believe. Perhaps I've gotten that wrong, but it does scream of playing to a certain audience. I do however think her economic policies that were universally derided are genuine views that she possesses, and that she is authentic in her continuing support for them. She is convinced that she was right and that other forces, which she paints as sinister, destroyed her. 

Her failure has radicalised her. 

She's clearly massively deflecting here and shamefully joining in the anti minority grift as she sounds out alternative ways to get paid.

Was she brought down by the establishment ? Yes. The same establishment that put her in the role, the media, the think tanks, the donors, the dominant party of government.

The fact that her batshit ideas and clownshoe performance were too much for even them, should result in a bit of self reflection, but alas...