The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

3 minutes ago, btb said:

Truss is 47-y-o set to get £115k p.a.

Say she lives to be 80 that'll be £4M or £90k per day in office - nice work if you can get it.

Won't be feeling sorry for her any time soon...

TBH I'd take a little bit of public humiliation for that amount of money. Lucky bitch.

7 minutes ago, btb said:

Say she lives to be 80 that'll be £4M or £90k per day in office - nice work if you can get it.

I’ve just posted on another thread that Blair is still claiming this annually despite becoming a multi millionaire since leaving office.

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Complete with the usual idiotic parroting of all the 'he got brexit done' and 'he did well at a time of crisis' lines.

I swear there must be people living in an alternate reality where Boris Johnson isn't just a ignorant, venal, self-serving embarrassment of a human being.

I was thinking earlier, there can only be so many votes you can gain by appealing to peoples prejudice. now granted , in England or the US it seems to be a-fucking lot but what happens ones you start hitting your key supporters pockets hard?

Remember the old poor pensioner trope is way out of date, our current crop of 55-75/80 year old's are the absolute golden generation of oap's. they are actually the wealthiest demographic in the UK and the Torries have been hugely, hugely favorable towards them in terms of policy and tax rules. If we reach the point where all of their assets, pensions, house prices etc take a tanking AND they get hit with a tax hike, surely tae f**k getting rid of the foreigners and declaring war on the woke just won't cut it any more?

1 hour ago, btb said:

And if she lives as long as Granny Danger, she will make £400M*

*if they use his calculations

@red23 doing a sterling job of trying to take the heat off Liz and the Tories, but I'm afraid plenty of MPs have done far worse than just say that they'd like to ply some poor lassie with booze in the hope of taking advantage  :(

Time was that Prime Ministers were always older than me but that ship has forever sailed.

However, it should always be the case that they're clever to a degree that commands some deal of respect. I know it isn't much but I can now lay claim to being cleverer than one UK prime minister. 

Poor Liz, she started her resignation speech with the words ...

"I came into office at a time of great economic and international instability"

This remarkable prose conjures up a protracted period of time when she fought a nobel fight and now is deserving of a period of restful reward for her effort.

She didn't come into office in some sepia time past.

To all intents and purposes, she was elected now, was found out now and kicked out now.

According to strong and stable Liz with the broad shoulders, now is not the time.

7 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

One turns into a dribbling mess any time he does a TV interview, the other is a fictional character from The Thick of It.

HTH

as far as Tories/Government go, I actually don't mind Ben Wallace in so far as they way he comes across. Same actually for Hunt, Cleverly and Shapps. Am sure they have all probably said some odious things before in the past and of course they are Tories, so there is no getting away from odious policies that they stand for and/or actively support However for some reason they don't instil in me the same anger that boils up whenever Johnson, Coffey, Rees-Mogg, Jack or Braverman appear.

I would also dare suggest that Wallace, Hunt, Clevery and Shapps are competent politicians - again I qualify that with the above remarks. What must they think whenever they see Truss, Dorries or Lewis try to utter a coherent sentence? Clearly they are happy to be associated with them but I do wonder what they secretly think. 

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Truss has a brass neck, at least publicly.  I hope she’s is broken inside.

She's totally deluded. When reality rudely intrudes on her fantasy world she closes the shutters. 

On 19/10/2022 at 16:43, HTG said:

Braverman:

“I would love to have a front page of The Telegraph with a plane taking off to Rwanda, that’s my dream, it’s my obsession,” 

Fucked it. Off ye pop ya boot.

I'll get ma coat ... 🤬

If I could be arsed I'd dig out the pish about her doing the right thing for her security breach but what's the point - every single one of them is a c**t. Some are bigger c***s than others but the best of them are c***s and the worst are worse c***s. Every. Fucking. One.

Edited by HTG