The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So, when asked Hunt refuses to commit to the pension triple lock but Truss confirms that it will stay in place when asked by Blackford.  Policy on the hoof?

We need Blackford to ask more probing questions like this.  “So Prime Minister, Lorne or square sausage ?”

Certainly appears that way, although the wifey being interviewed outside suggested that the talk of binning it was yet another of these deliberate leaks that they wait to gauge the reaction to before actually deciding policy.

Sure as shit though, if triple-lock is staying that means Benefits are going to get f**k all.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

So, when asked Hunt refuses to commit to the pension triple lock but Truss confirms that it will stay in place when asked by Blackford.  Policy on the hoof?

We need Blackford to ask more probing questions like this.  “So Prime Minister, Lorne or square sausage ?”

Hmm...I thought they were the same. Is it a trick question?

Jesus wept. 
Watching Nicky Campbell on BBC 2 with an audience from Sunderland. One disabled woman in floods of tears, worried about how she will pay her bills. Costs have risen, income dropped, genuine fear. Worse, at her ESA assessments she was told by an assessor that disabled people should not have kids. Utterly harrowing. 
"And how will you vote, ma'am?" 
"Oh, Conservative."

IMG_4492.jpg.fb926beab44ce8a6e621687d1a1672a8.jpg

ETA: shame the person who made the meme can’t spell properly, ffs

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The answer of course is slice. 

Next!

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Certainly appears that way, although the wifey being interviewed outside suggested that the talk of binning it was yet another of these deliberate leaks that they wait to gauge the reaction to before actually deciding policy.

Sure as shit though, it triple-lock is staying that means Benefits are going to get f**k all.

I was surprised (though not as surprised as Blackford who hadn’t taken it).  I was expecting Hunt to throw a sack over Truss’s head when she said it.

6 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

every single c**t I've ever met from Sunderland has been a horrible racist p***k

My neighbour is from Sunderland and sounds like Nye Bevan when he's talking about the Tories.

2 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Middlesbrough is similar.

I also used to work with a Smoggy who hated Tories.

Maybe I just attract good guys.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/oct/19/fracking-vote-labour-liz-truss-vote-of-confidence

Conservative MPs have been told that a Commons vote tabled by Labour on Wednesday to ban fracking should be regarded as confidence vote in Liz Truss’s government.

Dozens of Tory MPs who are opposed to shale gas extraction in their own constituencies will be furious about being put in a difficult position by a prime minister whose authority is already shot.

Seven cabinet ministers are among those who have spoken out against fracking, including the chancellor, Jeremy Hunt, who said in June that it would create “enormous disruption and environmental damage for little if any economic benefit”.

In an attempt to soothe Tory MPs’ concerns, the Guardian understands that Rees-Mogg will assure them that no fracking will proceed without proper local consent.

Having been unable to define how residents will be able to reject or approve shale drilling in their area, Rees-Mogg will shunt the issue into the long grass by setting up a public consultation to determine what “local consent” means.

Tory MPs are still seething at having to vote against Labour’s motion. One said: “They’ve played a blinder.”

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Blackford unusually missed and opportunity with her answer. He should have said that her confirming it means thst it won't be happening. His response was as if she hadn't committed to it, or unless his response was deliberately to ignore what she actually said.

The biggest crime by Truss is thst she somehow makes Hunt look good!!

Don't know about others, but as much as I enjoy the specter of Truss being ripped apart, I have an increasing feeling of fear and dread that this is the best we can possibly front up as a country and we are all suffering as a result. I'm not sure how much more the average person on the street can take anymore. They play politics, we play real life. 

She threw Kwarteng under the bus for her policies and now it looks like Hunt is today's victim. If the triple-lock was staying then Hunt had the chance to break the news and get the back slaps. Acting this way Truss maybe hopes for the black slaps. She'll get them but unfortunately for her it'll likely be 

image.thumb.jpg.5992361419996d7563db92f30364d657.jpg

43 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

She threw Kwarteng under the bus for her policies and now it looks like Hunt is today's victim. If the triple-lock was staying then Hunt had the chance to break the news and get the back slaps. Acting this way Truss maybe hopes for the black slaps. She'll get them but unfortunately for her it'll likely be 

It is truly bizarre.  If they were keeping the triple lock it should have been a major policy announcement for them, particularly as Hunt had refused to confirm it in the last 48 hours.  Announcing it in answer to a question is just bizarre; did they really think they could get through PMQs without it being raised?

Clusterfuckery x 10.