The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

I would love to know what on earth he got done, other than the bare minimum during the pandemic.

How can she be happy having a man in power who was as corrupt as they come with links to Russian KGB officials and has been punted from just about every job he has managed to hold down for dishonesty.

She won't have the faintest idea what you were talking about if you brought any of that up, because she's exactly the sort of voter who gets all their political knowledge from glancing at the newspaper headlines while they are in for a book of stamps and a packet of biscuits, and doesn't pay the blindest bit of attention to what is actually going on.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

She won't have the faintest idea what you were talking about if you brought any of that up, because she's exactly the sort of voter who gets all their political knowledge from glancing at the newspaper headlines while they are in for a book of stamps and a packet of biscuits, and doesn't pay the blindest bit of attention to what is actually going on.

Well then I'm afraid she gets what she deserves.

He got f**k all done and you don't need to be a political analyst to know that. Unless trying to restart the troubles is something to be proud of.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Well then I'm afraid she gets what she deserves.

Agreed, but the unfortunate thing is there are enough of these pig-ignorant arseholes with a vote that counts every bit as much as anyone else's, that they elect f**k-awful governments and enable nonsense like Brexit, and everyone who doesn't have a fucking zip up the back of their heads just has to suffer it along with everyone else.

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

I would love to know what on earth he got done, other than the bare minimum during the pandemic.

How can she be happy having a man in power who was as corrupt as they come with links to Russian KGB officials and has been punted from just about every job he has managed to hold down for dishonesty.

There is only one explanation for the 'popularity' of this person.

And that is that many people believe liars if they say what the people want to hear and the bigger the lie, the more people believe it.    Especially when the lies are never called out openly in the MSM.

Every bulletin over the last 3 years (and more) could have started with "Today Johnson lied about..."

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Agreed, but the unfortunate thing is there are enough of these pig-ignorant arseholes with a vote that counts every bit as much as anyone else's, that they elect f**k-awful governments and enable nonsense like Brexit, and everyone who doesn't have a fucking zip up the back of their heads just has to suffer it along with everyone else.

Harsh but true.

I'd like to ask all these brexiters why they didn't follow their own oft-given advice and just 'leave' if they don't like the EU.

(I know it's simplistic nonsense but I'm perma-raging with those c***s, fkm.)

And I'm ashamed that so many Scots voted leave. ..but we know who they were.

Edited by cyderspaceman

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Jesus wept. 

Watching Nicky Campbell on BBC 2 with an audience from Sunderland. One disabled woman in floods of tears, worried about how she will pay her bills. Costs have risen, income dropped, genuine fear. Worse, at her ESA assessments she was told by an assessor that disabled people should not have kids. Utterly harrowing. 

"And how will you vote, ma'am?" 

"Oh, Conservative."

No sympathy from me.

11 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

"Northern Ireland would be unaffected because its electricity grid is shared with the Republic of Ireland."

Not according to my stepdaughter's friend, who is "in the know" about everything. We're in for 2 and 3 day blackouts, according to her. Whether that's per week, per fortnight, per month, or per year she has yet to advise.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Not according to my stepdaughter's friend, who is "in the know" about everything. We're in for 2 and 3 day blackouts, according to her. Whether that's per week, per fortnight, per month, or per year she has yet to advise.

Is that the DUPpers demanding to be no different to the mainland UK again?

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

That £19 billion was only after the extended deadline.

There was also the £80 billion QE announced at the time of the interest rate increase at the end of September. 

Yes it was "announced" that the BoE would make the money available.  The total spend since the announcement is the £19.3 bln.  £7bln in index linked gilts and £12+ bln on long dated gilts.

44 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

No matter how much you loathe the Daily Mail, and no matter how much you know they are partly to blame for the mess we are in, you have to admire the genius of the paper for the way it lures in normal, simple everyday people with celebrity and TV show gossip, whilst gently brainwashing them with right wing propaganda.

2 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

No matter how much you loathe the Daily Mail, and no matter how much you know they are partly to blame for the mess we are in, you have to admire the genius of the paper for the way it lures in normal, simple everyday people with celebrity and TV show gossip, whilst gently brainwashing them with right wing propaganda.

I know one of them.