The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

PMQs sums her up already. Tax cuts for the wealthy while refusing point blank to tax the energy producers obscene profits to pay for her "package" to be announced tomorrow leaving the burden of that to be borne by the plebs for years to come. We are months away from becoming a low tax, low support, zero regulation banana republic (without the bananas !), a turnip republic perhaps might be more apt.

What the actual f**k is the point of PMQs?  There's never a bloody answer.  Can we stop all the right honorable pish?  It's the 21st Century and that room is full of toddlers screaming "MOOOOOOOOOOOOORE" when somebody says something they like. 

Thanks Theresa for that question.  There's a national crisis on the go just now so lets just slag off the oppostion and hint at them being sexist.  

I f**king can't stand the Conservatives.  PMQs just needs to stop though as it offers nothing other than "oh come back in a day or two and I'll tell you more".

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

They're contracts which place no obligation on the worker to provide a set amount of labour nor on the employer to provide a set amount of work. Hth. 

It's amazing how much some of these employers expect from the employees that they refuse to guarantee work for.

I got turned down for a job about a couple of months back because I had three days per week that I'd be busy elsewhere. I was available four full days a week, and in the evenings on the other three (which is their busy time). The interviewer told me I was a shoo-in because I was the only applicant and they were desperate. When he went back to the owners for approval to take me on, he was told that they'd only accept people who were willing to sit by the phone seven days a week to be told when they were required. I see they're still advertising.

I've known a few people who've complained about employers with this mentality, but it's the first time I've encountered it. Bit of a tell that they're going to be unreasonable arseholes in other ways IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

PMQs sums her up already. Tax cuts for the wealthy while refusing point blank to tax the energy producers obscene profits to pay for her "package" to be announced tomorrow leaving the burden of that to be borne by the plebs for years to come. We are months away from becoming a low tax, low support, zero regulation banana republic (without the bananas !), a turnip republic perhaps might be more apt.

By 2024 the economy will be in the toilet.  It will take a very strong, focussed, determined and radical PM to begin to straighten out the mess.  Yet the alternative to Truss is a man with none of these qualities.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

By 2024 the economy will be in the toilet.  It will take a very strong, focussed, determined and radical PM to begin to straighten out the mess.  Yet the alternative to Truss is a man with none of these qualities.

Thankfully we have the Lib Dems as an alternative at Westminster. They're full of great policies, which need no explanation.

I think Labour would be worried enough if they won in 2024; imagine if Ed Davey suddenly found himself handed the keys to Number 10.

13 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It's amazing how much some of these employers expect from the employees that they refuse to guarantee work for.

I got turned down for a job about a couple of months back because I had three days per week that I'd be busy elsewhere. I was available four full days a week, and in the evenings on the other three (which is their busy time). The interviewer told me I was a shoo-in because I was the only applicant and they were desperate. When he went back to the owners for approval to take me on, he was told that they'd only accept people who were willing to sit by the phone seven days a week to be told when they were required. I see they're still advertising.

I've known a few people who've complained about employers with this mentality, but it's the first time I've encountered it. Bit of a tell that they're going to be unreasonable arseholes in other ways IMO. 

To be clear, i wasn't defending them, i was just being a facetious arsehole. 

I spent years on zero hour contracts before they became a thing that got in the news. I just thought that was how jobs worked. 

38 minutes ago, BFTD said:

You never know when someone might phone a premium rate sex line.

55 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

turnip.jpg.7d62cdf6d6e3463e25f3852a29e9d8d8.jpg

34 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Thankfully we have the Lib Dems as an alternative at Westminster. They're full of great policies, which need no explanation.

I think Labour would be worried enough if they won in 2024; imagine if Ed Davey suddenly found himself handed the keys to Number 10.

Hold on....did Liz Truss not replace Jo Swinson as the PM?  I havent really followed the news since December 2019 but I am pretty sure that she was in power. 

This must make your post look a little foolish...eh?

40 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

He is such a fucking headcase. An absolute liability to himself and his employers which of course makes him perfect for what's left of the Glasgow Herald. Ugh.

Tweet deleted. By Twitter or Macwhirter I've no idea.

Edited by RiG

15 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The most diverse cabinet of all time. They come from a wide range of private schools.

This is what happens when ordinary people across a broad social spectrum identify with people who they think are their peers when they’re obviously not.

Of course you also have others who think that ‘they’re betters” are more fit to rule than anyone else.