The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

When Johnson was forced out I was concerned that the Tories would replace him with a competent PM who could start making inroads into addressing the country’s problems and start clawing back support from the electorate.  I didn’t think it was possible to replace him with a more incompetent and less credible alternative.

It’s going to be a shit show and the only positive outcome will be the Tories out next time around and hopefully the SNP at Westminster having a numerical influence.

The leaders of the UK's most popular party in the past thirty two years:

• John Major
  • William Hague
  • Iain Duncan Smith
  • Michael Howard
  • David Cameron
  • Theresa May
  • Boris Johnson
  • Liz Truss

She'll hang onto power until the party oust her, quite when that will be may depend on how many f**k ups she makes and who else resigns. Would it shock anyone that they all turn their backs and start a campaign for Boris back.................perhaps while they thought he was an oaf, they never really considered the alternative fully.

No way the public can oust her anyways as she may come across as out of touch but she wouldn't be foolish enough to even consider a general election (Labur would win by default - not being good but just less c***s than the Tories). And given the state of the country with the energy/living cost crisis I don't think the public would welcome months of political avoidance running election campaigns - almost it would be akin to Nero & Rome.

They had a woman with cerebral palsy on bbc breakfast this morning who was explaining that disability benefits had been eroded for years and that she’s having to borrow money from friends and family to survive. 

“so do you think you would vote for liz truss?”

“Yes!”

Frustrated Come On GIF by Saturday Night Live

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

When Johnson was forced out I was concerned that the Tories would replace him with a competent PM who could start making inroads into addressing the country’s problems and start clawing back support from the electorate.  I didn’t think it was possible to replace him with a more incompetent and less credible alternative.

It’s going to be a shit show and the only positive outcome will be the Tories out next time around and hopefully the SNP at Westminster having a numerical influence.

I agree wholeheartedly with your first paragraph.  That's how I saw things too.

I really hope your second one proves accurate, but I don't yet share your confidence.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

They had a woman with cerebral palsy on bbc breakfast this morning who was explaining that disability benefits had been eroded for years and that she’s having to borrow money from friends and family to survive. 

“Yes!”

There's a poster on here who claimed for years that he'd be right behind giving footballers' wages to the disabled if it wasn't for all the workshy benefit scroungers who needed to be weeded out by the government first.

4d850209dc7ed1f183e4e60720005a79.gif

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

“Yes!”

These people deserve all they get.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Now that Priti Patel has resigned she should make Jacob Rees-Mogg Home Secretary for a laugh. He'd be like Victorian Dad out of Viz.

She’ll be back. She always comes back. 

“I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding in even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong.”

9597B8C2-6223-4D56-B213-233A10ADAE98.jpeg