The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We wouldn't have the freedom to change the rules on immigration if we were still in the EU. Another Brexit bonus!

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Can't wait for the next BoE rates hike in response to this absolute madness. 

Edit: bloody hell.

Anyone on a tracker mortgage should head for the exit immediately, in fact they should have done so and taken out a long term fixed when interest rates couldn't get any lower 

15 minutes ago, 101 said:

Anyone on a tracker mortgage should head for the exit immediately, in fact they should have done so and taken out a long term fixed when interest rates couldn't get any lower 

The vast majority are already on fixes, I think. There will however be a lot of fixes expiring, with pretty ugly increases. I'm in that position so am a bit sensitive too it. January I can renew, so now looking into what the early exit might be, given that Kwarteng and Truss have decided to provoke the BoE into more rises through their stupidity. 

Edited by Michael W

16 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The vast majority are already on fixes, I think. There will however be a lot of fixes expiring, with pretty ugly increases. I'm in that position so am a bit sensitive too it. January I can renew, so now looking into what the early exit might be, given that Kwarteng and Truss have decided to provoke the BoE into more rises through their stupidity. 

Ours is next September. About a month ago I decided I wasn't waiting any longer and, thankfully, now already have an accepted offer in that I can sit on till March before moving on to it.

From July..

Interest rates will have to rise as high as 7 per cent to allow tax cuts, according to Liz Truss’s economic guru.

Professor Patrick Minford said that despite fears over mortgages, higher interest rates were “a good thing” because they protected savings and killed off “zombie companies” that were holding the economy back.

Truss cited Minford as one of the few economists who agreed with her as she attacked 20 years of “economic orthodoxy” this week and insisted that cutting taxes was not only affordable but essential to avoid a recession.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/liz-trusss-tax-cuts-equal-higher-interest-rates-admits-her-economic-guru-pgv57p5jz

Genuine question. At what point do the British people get so angry that there is mass protests? And I don't mean the usual activists, but the normal man and woman on the street.

If this were pretty much any other country, folk would be out kicking up a stink and demanding the government do something or force them out.

A lot of folk have been unhappy for a long time, but assuming the penny has finally dropped for the Brexity folk, when do they get angry?