The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

4 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

No-one misunderstood the post, you rapey wee creep. 

What an angry little weasel, things must be real bad at home for you right now. From a man who cheers on David Goodwillie as well, some moral compass you must have.

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

Simultaneously destroying his reputation and ruling himself out of the race, Ben Wallace says he's leaning towards Boris. 

Thats a big endorsement  could well get him over the 100 mark. 

I found Wallace's endorsement of Johnson quarter-hearted, if that.

I know it's a bit Yes Minister but I can see Wallace's people doing work behind the scenes over the weekend and Wallace reluctantly saying on Monday that "for the countries interest, yadda, yadda, yadda..." he's decided to run - simple tictacs for me.

3 minutes ago, btb said:

I found Wallace's endorsement of Johnson quarter-hearted, if that.

I know it's a bit Yes Minister but I can see Wallace's people doing work behind the scenes over the weekend and Wallace reluctantly saying on Monday that "for the countries interest, yadda, yadda, yadda..." he's decided to run - simple tictacs for me.

Was quite surprised to read it tbh. He's seemed smart enough to stfu and stay out of it. 

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

It’s probably already been said; but watching any news channel coverage of this is like it has been lifted verbatim from The Thick Of It.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

It’s probably already been said; but watching any news channel coverage of this is like it has been lifted verbatim from The Thick Of It.

EuroLh_WYAEgTLO.jpg

It's a genuinely staggering, mind blowing indictment of the integrity this Tory govt has, that Boris Johnson is a serious contender here.

The man was spectacularly ousted busy his own party because his indiscretions had added up to something even these lizards couldn't defend.

And now they are just airbrushing all of that out [emoji23]

Amazing. We live in amazingly shite times.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm."

Broadly attributed to Churchill, but found nowhere in his canon. An almost equal number of sources credit this saying to Abraham Lincoln; but none of them provides any attribution.

Fair point. Mind you, when it comes to Johnson, the lines between truth, fiction and who said what and when, tend to be very blurry.

Edited by The Skelpit Lug
Sp

The only thing we need to consider about Johnson is that his vanity and hubris far outweigh his political abilities.

But I wish him well in his restoration bid; for one thing it would deny the Tories of the one character who could conceivably restore order and stability, ie Sunak, and secondly the return of Johnson would be viewed very dimly by the markets with his second coming being hobbled from the word go.

And just like bringing folk back in football, it seldom works out well.  Please, bring it on.

54 minutes ago, red23 said:

What an angry little weasel, things must be real bad at home for you right now. From a man who cheers on David Goodwillie as well, some moral compass you must have.

You’ve obviously never been on any of the Goodwillie threads then, as I never once went to see him play for exactly that reason!  I saw one game in 5 years, and that was because he was suspended for it. Back now he’s gone. 

As I clearly have a moral compass, I’m happy to use it to point out that you are a danger to women and a rapey wee creep.