The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

I'd love to be a fly on the wall following around the Tory party commissars right now. I'd imagine that the 100 threshold probably means that for every 'please vote for me' cosying up event by a potential candidate, there will be an inverse 'don't you dare fucking nominate that p***k if you know what's good for you' visit from the heavies.

55 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The Tories they are in coalitions with? 

OK? Aye.

If you just want to see every single thing through a very narrow lens, then perhaps with sufficient squinting it can look that way for you If you choose.

It's not reality though.

f**k's sake. I was really looking forward to a couple of years of the Tories staggering towards an election with Liz Truss at the helm. Such a waste of comedy potential.

Still, I suppose it's technically possible we could have a Prime Minister who might literally deport her own parents if it won money and power. I don't suppose there's any chance of Dorries or The Haunted Pencil getting the job, is there? Please?

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

If you just want to see every single thing through a very narrow lens, then perhaps with sufficient squinting it can look that way for you If you choose.

It's not reality though.

Maybe it's not quite fair on Labour to expect better from them. Except for the fact that they do present themselves as a left leaning progressive party. Which means of course the direction they have taken and the choices they have made are a total betrayal.

So fair enough on this I concede. They are not exactly the same as the tories. Relatively speaking and viewed through the narrow lens of who they claim to be, the craven vote chasing amoral fucks are far, far worse. 

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The bring back Boris vox pops on the BBC One Tory news. Tremendous. I'm not sure he'll manage 100 nominations but if he does and as others have said, he's the next PM. 

The right wing rags will be beside themselves about Boris 

16 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall following around the Tory party commissars right now. I'd imagine that the 100 threshold probably means that for every 'please vote for me' cosying up event by a potential candidate, there will be an inverse 'don't you dare fucking nominate that p***k if you know what's good for you' visit from the heavies.

Aye ... ye dont mess with Big Thereze !Angry Season 2 GIF by Amazon Prime Video

31 minutes ago, btb said:

100 supporters is to cut out BJ and favour Sunak, however I just checked and in the summer Dishi only got 88 votes in Round 1 and 101 in Round 2. 

Yes, but there were 5 or 6 other candidates at those stages.  That won't be the case this time.

I think only Sunak and Mourdant will get over 100 MPs backing them.  If one of them is well ahead, the other will step aside, meaning nothing gets anywhere near the members.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, but there were 5 or 6 other candidates at those stages.  That won't be the case this time.

I think only he and Mourdant will get over 100 MPs backing them.  If one of them is well ahead, the other will step aside, meaning nothing gets anywhere near the members.

In other words ... a coronation.

Hope this happens and the members go apeshit!!

Glorious.