The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

The bold Krishnan has got himself an extra weeks holiday for calling Steve Baker a c**t as well. Suspended for a week then off the week after anyway. 

He's played a blinder here. 

21 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

As a long-term resident of the north-east of England, I would take issue with this daft generalisation. Not least by pointing out that Newcastle-upon-Tyne voted Remain.  Newcastle-under-Lyme voted 63% Leave. There are many areas of England more deserving of your contempt. 

Second this, moved to Newcastle January last year and everyone here is sound as f**k, people have the same mentality as Airdrie where I grew up.

32 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Any chance soon of the British public being allowed to have a say on who leads the country?

This ongoing nonsense of party members voting for the Prime Minister of the country is an utter disgrace. Needs put a stop to asap.

No, the nonsense of “Party Members” voting for the PM is a beautiful Trojan Horse that it is terribly disappointing no one has ever apparently used. The fact that we know of no group that has used joining Conservatives Abroad, which doesn’t even require the ability to vote in the UK, by a number of their members to try to throw decisions by the “Conservative” Party is either an indication of a lack of vision, or perhaps an indication that they might have been pivotal in getting Truss in…just saying.

I don't want any of them, but before Johnson won, Rory Stewart seemed the best of the bunch.

No doubt someone will set me straight.  

I theng you in advance.

eta Ah! Just checked, no longer an MP.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Just now, Suspect Device said:

So who all had a bet on her not lasting until the end of the year?

Well done to all of you.

She's had her 15 minutes of fame as prime minister. 

1 minute ago, cyderspaceman said:

I don't want any of them, but before Johnson won, Rory Stewart seemed the best of the bunch.

No doubt someone will set me straight.  

I theng you in advance.

He'd send gunboats up the Yangtse to reopen the opium trade.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/20/european-press-pin-blame-on-brexit-for-uk-political-insanity

Six years on from the Brexit referendum, continental commentators have become used to Westminster meltdowns, but many see in the latest cataclysm the finale of a project that was always divorced from reality.

For the French newspaper Libération, there is “decidedly something rancid in the Tories’ tea”. The paper’s former London correspondent Sonia Delesalle-Stolper said Westminster, a “temple of democracy and ancient traditions”, had witnessed “bewildering” scenes.

“Blows, shoves, insults, resignations, tears … After some implausible incidents in both the Commons and Downing Street, the British government and the Conservative party seem to be on a path to total self-destruction,” she said.

Like most European papers, Libération looked past the spectacle to what it saw as the root cause of the chaos. “In four months, the country will have had four chancellors, two interior ministers, and no doubt soon two prime ministers,” it said.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Right, so according to Brady they are sending this to party members. 

Holy f**k.

At least that will completely f**k the auld biddies who insist on sending in their vote by 2nd class mail, but I can only imagine they'll fudge it so there is only one candidate and the alzheimer's brigade don't come in to it.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If Hunt promises the ERG that he'll drag asylum seekers off the street and ship them to Rwanda he might just squeeze in. 60/1 with Ladbrokes.

Hunt already declared himself out, the job is a poisoned chalice.