The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Let’s not kid ourselves, Rory Stewart, a guy who looks like an experiment that’s gone wrong, would still inflict misery if he had power and influence.  “Baroness” Warsi is another who falls into the same camp, almost apologetic for being a Tory but a Tory nonetheless.

Oh totally. I think it's clear he's keeping his distance so he can pull off a Blair-like 'you've seen what that extreme of the party was like and it's failed, here, try me' return, only he's being a bit more calculated about it than obvious chancers like Gove, who disappears like snow off a dyke at the first hint of his government being in trouble, performs a more convincing vanishing act than Lord Lucan, then magically reappears months later acting and sounding like he was never part of the omnishambles in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Oh totally. I think it's clear he's keeping his distance so he can pull off a Blair-like 'you've seen what that extreme of the party was like and it's failed, here, try me' return, only he's being a bit more calculated about it than obvious chancers like Gove, who disappears like snow off a dyke at the first hint of his government being in trouble, performs a more convincing vanishing act than Lord Lucan, then magically reappears months later acting and sounding like he was never part of the omnishambles in the first place.

Calm down - we know where he is: visiting family in Riddleton End, having tea with Marjorie Dawes and learning how to riddle things out from Mossop.

374EF5D5-8C0B-4EE2-80FF-25B3F5AF82C7.jpeg

4 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Her inability to answer or understand proves she has no comprehension of her actions. A well crafted question. Or maybe a trap? Either way Truss continually fails to impress.

The journalists are smarter than Truss. They know it, but she doesn't. They know full well that she has been given the lines to expected questions, so they throw curveballs at her, knowing she cannot think on her feet.

What's very clear is that she has list complete control of her party and everyone knows it. They just don't know what to do about it,in terms of moving her on without causing more chaos. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

What 90s classic will PM Truss walk out to?

Spice Girls have been crawling up her arse lately, and I can't see any credible musician sanctioning Tory use of their music.

Mind you, I don't think they'd bother to check the artist approved anyway.

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Let’s not kid ourselves, Rory Stewart, a guy who looks like an experiment that’s gone wrong, would still inflict misery if he had power and influence.  “Baroness” Warsi is another who falls into the same camp, almost apologetic for being a Tory but a Tory nonetheless.

Rory Stewart has a podcast with Alastair Campbell where Rory Stewart sounds like the reasonable one.