The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

32 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Surprised they've backed down on some of this. It doesn't seem to be a traditional arse biscuit floatation, used to make the inevitable "compromise" smell less turdy, as it's made Truss and Kwarteng look fucking clueless from the off, devoid of spine, and won't have stopped many people thinking they're the kind of people who'd sell your baby for the value of the precious metals in their body.

The only conclusion to come to is that they genuinely didn't bother to find out if the important people (their party; not us, of course) would back them, which would make them even more hopeless than anticipated. Unless this all really was purely a scam to make a bundle for Kwasi's mates, which...yeah, it was that, wasn't it?

Their party backed them and cheered when the measure was announced in the HoC it was when it didn't go down well with the markets and mortgage rates consequently went up affecting a key part of their constituency that they changed tack but they're still as scummy and ready to implement cuts to public spending.

Crazy to think that Tories like Gove & McVey now seem to be the left-wing of the party.

22 minutes ago, BFTD said:

No surprise there at all, but I'm curious to know what this gains them, other than being seen to be different from the EU just for the hell of it.

The replacement will obviously make business less liable for breaches in cybersecurity, but by how much. Without fear of consequence, will Div once again be able to keep all our PayPal details in a plaintext Notepad file on a server with a password of "morten"?

Maybe it also includes removing data privacy laws and will allow businesses to sell Mrs Miggins personal data to anyone, including scammers.

33 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Maybe it also includes removing data privacy laws and will allow businesses to sell Mrs Miggins personal data to anyone, including scammers.

Be interesting to know which of them are on a promise from Big Data.

I was originally convinced Pork Markets and her merry cabal of ratbags would hang on grimly until the last possible moment for a poll in late 2024. Not even sure I'd give them much north of 12 months now, such is the utter utter hopelessness on show, combined with those horrific delicious polling numbers. The next GE thread on here is going to be utter gold at this rate.

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Probably, but it's going to cause an absolute clusterfuck all the same. It's going to widen the chasm between the UK and the EU. Those with business interests across the EU market are not going to want to risk the integrity of their customer data by engaging with the sort of watered down pish this lot will bring forward. 

28 minutes ago, HTG said:

Probably, but it's going to cause an absolute clusterfuck all the same. It's going to widen the chasm between the UK and the EU. Those with business interests across the EU market are not going to want to risk the integrity of their customer data by engaging with the sort of watered down pish this lot will bring forward. 

I suspect that’s the point. They’re appealing to the extreme separatists of the ERG and its co-religionists. What’s European is foreign, and what’s foreign is bad, and look how independent we are. It’s typical of Brexiters to invent a problem where there isn’t one purely in order to “solve” it, no matter the expense.

2 hours ago, Scorge said:

I was originally convinced Pork Markets and her merry cabal of ratbags would hang on grimly until the last possible moment for a poll in late 2024. Not even sure I'd give them much north of 12 months now, such is the utter utter hopelessness on show, combined with those horrific delicious polling numbers. The next GE thread on here is going to be utter gold at this rate.

I can't see them doing so - they're volunteering themselves their P45s. They aren't stupid: they know they're fucked so will rinse it for everything that they can before a thumping defeat beckons. 

I see Nadine Dorries mooted an election today. Must've started on the gin early doors at the conference. 

9 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

And so it goes on. When Esther McVey is urging Truss not to cut benefits, saying it would be a " huge mistake" not to increase benefits in line with the cost of living, it's pretty clear what the direction of travel is with this lot. In light of the outrageous comments McVey's come away with over the years, this is incredible stuff unfolding. Wonder if there'll be time for media analysis of "McVey as voice of reason" before the next example of idiocy by the Truss government. 

I wondered if McVey was in a marginal because there would be quite a few Tories in marginals looking at the polls and wondering if they shouldn't start pretending to care 

But McVey has a majority of 17,000. Her constituency is Tatton and people with long memories may remember Neil Hamilton getting booted out of there. Different circumstances though and Tatton looks fairly True Blue 

Did anything ever come of the leaked list of names that had donated to Liz Truss’ leadership campaign? I’m sure it was something like half a million quid she pulled in, some from current members of the House of Lords and some from Billionaire property developers who had a vested interest in making sure Truss became PM. I can’t think why. 

A sitting member of the House of Lords should not be allowed to make political donations, and especially not to the current PM. The Tories are passing legislation on to the House of Lords to be debated and ratified by people in the pocket of the Prime Minister. The full UK parliamentary system is a sham, they seem to care more about maintaining historical traditions instead of creating a working parliament. 

11 hours ago, btb said:

Their party backed them and cheered when the measure was announced in the HoC it was when it didn't go down well with the markets and mortgage rates consequently went up affecting a key part of their constituency that they changed tack but they're still as scummy and ready to implement cuts to public spending.

Crazy to think that Tories like Gove & McVey now seem to be the left-wing of the party.

And that shows how far right this mob are.

12 hours ago, BFTD said:

being seen to be different from the EU just for the hell of it.

It seems that this is, in fact, the answer - based on kwartengs speech yesterday, pretty much anything and everything they can and will do to remove "pointless EU laws" will be done.

Might as well burn any employees rights.................

47 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It seems that this is, in fact, the answer - based on kwartengs speech yesterday, pretty much anything and everything they can and will do to remove "pointless EU laws" will be done.

Might as well burn any employees rights.................

The good thing about creating an alternative to GDPR is that anyone who does business with the EU will then have two sets of rules to comply with. As they’re already struggling that should finish them off. No more ties to Europe and we can jolly well get on with being a global superpower again. 

10 hours ago, HTG said:

GDPR applies to any organisation based in the EU or that does business with anyone inside the EU, though, so they would still need to comply with GDPR anyway.

Edited by Todd_is_God

9 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’m sure it was something like half a million quid she pulled in, some from current members of the House of Lords and some from Billionaire property developers who had a vested interest in making sure Truss became PM.

That's astonishingly cheap for what they could get out of it.