The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

And so it goes on. When Esther McVey is urging Truss not to cut benefits, saying it would be a " huge mistake" not to increase benefits in line with the cost of living, it's pretty clear what the direction of travel is with this lot. In light of the outrageous comments McVey's come away with over the years, this is incredible stuff unfolding. Wonder if there'll be time for media analysis of "McVey as voice of reason" before the next example of idiocy by the Truss government. 

Does the UK have a regulatory body with the ability to investigate an individuals trading positions? These city traders who are close to Govt. ministers will have surely been shorting the pound in the days leading to the ‘mini budget’, and Kwarteng has admitted to attending a champagne reception with these types in the hours after his budget. It looks like a clear case of insider trading, although historically it can be hard to prove, but they really shouldn’t be getting away with it. We are watching theft on a massive scale right in front of our eyes. The UK now has a record number of billionaires, and the number of people becoming millionaires has been rising sharply since 2020. Doesn’t take a genius to figure out what’s happening. 

It’s sickening watching the way this Government acts when so many people are genuinely struggling to make ends meet. It’s too far gone to do anything now, but filling our parliament with Eton schoolboys and Oxbridge graduates from already wealthy families was never going to end well. 

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

"If the NHS cant do its bit to help us get Britains public services back on their feet at this difficult time, then we may have to think laterally and bring in some of of our friends from the USA who are providing top quality health services as part of a public/private mix"

Just to save you reading the bullshit soundbites in 6 months.....................

Jesus H Christ are you up shit creek if you let any of those friends anywhere near anything you want affordable and competent! I love the “soundbite”, but it terrifies me how many people would simply lap that crap up. Onion level here.

14 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Well that’s one way to help people with soaring energy costs 

To ask a stupid question, is it the same gas used in power stations as used in domestic supply for heating and cooking?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/03/liz-truss-picked-cronies-off-backbenches-for-cabinet-says-michael-heseltine

"Heseltine added: “This party which I served my life in is a very sophisticated political machine. It is a coalition of many different strands.

“It is very important that what the prime minister should do is take the talent off the backbenches, not the cronies off the backbenches.”

1 hour ago, 101 said:

To ask a stupid question, is it the same gas used in power stations as used in domestic supply for heating and cooking?

Ultimately yes. There is changes to the gas required for generation around pressure etc, but at source, it's the same pot if you like. 

Without wanting to throw more mud at this government, we should have been encouraging people to moderate their use of energy since earlier in the summer. Pretty much all of Europe has been encouraging this. Yes, we don't have quite the same reliance on Russian gas, but we do have global supply issues, so this along with the obvious point of use cosy savings means that it should have been an obvious line to use. Can badge it up as money, saving, ukraine supporting or whatever, but message should be there. Not saying don't put heating on etc, but we should be encouraging turning off lights or discouraging unnecessary energy usage, earlier sports times, turning off non essential night time lighting etc

For what it is worth, the risks of outages in the UK are vanishingly small. 

See tbh I can see why some people would vote Tory. If you are in the top 1-5% of wealth then it would make personal sense to vote for the party which is going to ensure your wealth continues. It is, of course, a very selfish viewpoint but these people live in a complete bubble where they don’t need to worry about the other people.

I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone outwith these circles would vote for them these days.
Because they don't like brown people.