The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

15 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Anyone who would vote tory is either just an ordinary b*****d or a fickle b*****d. 

It seems like the PM role and the rest of the rest of the cabinet has been filled by a series of Indecisive Daves, pandering to anything that'll keep them in a job rather than following some (albeit questionable) principles.

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'm pretty sure he said something like 'she'd be dead in the water without a paddle'. 

Love how he thinks that the paddle makes a difference in that scenario. Up there with "here's twenty quid off your tax bill, thank me later".

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Genuinely what is there to cut? 

Wages. You can expect to see salaries frozen and a recruitment hiatus whilst the older ones retire disgracefully. There will be massive amounts of strike action - perhaps accompanied by a change in the law to enable any public servant to be sacked for striking.

4 minutes ago, HTG said:

Wages. You can expect to see salaries frozen and a recruitment hiatus whilst the older ones retire disgracefully. There will be massive amounts of strike action - perhaps accompanied by a change in the law to enable any public servant to be sacked for striking.

I remember Kwarteng dropping hints at the end of his mega-budget about making it more difficult for some sectors to strike, but somehow I can't see them sacking half of the NHS in one sweep should they decide to strike in unison.

16 minutes ago, HTG said:

I think this is the end game for them with workers rights

At will employment

In United States labor law, at-will employment is an employer's ability to dismiss an employee for any reason (that is, without having to establish "just cause" for termination), and without warning,[1] as long as the reason is not illegal (e.g. firing because of the employee's race, religion or sexuality). When an employee is acknowledged as being hired "at will", courts deny the employee any claim for loss resulting from the dismissal. The rule is justified by its proponents on the basis that an employee may be similarly entitled to leave their job without reason or warning.[2] The practice is seen as unjust by those who view the employment relationship as characterized by inequality of bargaining power.

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I remember Kwarteng dropping hints at the end of his mega-budget about making it more difficult for some sectors to strike, but somehow I can't see them sacking half of the NHS in one sweep should they decide to strike in unison.

Perhaps not but they'll pick the easier targets.

Edited by HTG

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

What on earth about this conference makes you think the Tories are going to be able to cut Labour’s lead in half? 

The poll showing Labour on 50% was an outlier, the poll showing a 19% lead was more in line with trends.  I think the Tories will claw some of that back.

22 minutes ago, HTG said:

Perhaps you but they'll pick the easier targets.

"for every staff member that strikes, a bed in an intensive care ward shall mysteriously lose power"

Probably then 'justified' by the decrease in pension payouts and energy bills being able to part-plug the deficit, as part of a greater-good economic growth strategy.

3 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I'm expecting a rousing chorus of "You don't know what you're doing" when Kwasi or Liz makes a speech to the party conference.

Fucking incompetents. 

ETA: Still a need for the word clusterfuck in the thread title imo. @Clown Job

Possibly an omnishambles as well.

I have no idea how to do that otherwise I would

3 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

"I would like to cordially invite all those demanding I copy the UK government and scrap the top rate of tax to get it directly up them"

Well played Nicola. Hope that snivelling wee nonentity Dross will be the first to applaud. Doubt it though