The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

21 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Probably a rare moment of intelligent politics on display here, inventing a reason to depose that idiot from his ministerial post. 

It's almost certainly bollocks. 

He's such a good example of a disposable junior minister, given the post for this very purpose. 

8 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

He's such a good example of a disposable junior minister, given the post for this very purpose. 

His tweet about the Pound before it hit a 37 year low is one for the history books. 

He is definitely the favoured lackie that will go out and do the grunt work, oblivious to the big red buses flying past him. 

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

Looking forward to Dawson Park Boy changing his principles completely, again.

No change in my principles regarding lower taxes.

However, if they can’t get the necessary support, then bin it for now.

As long as they keep the direction of travel towards low taxes and high growth, I’m for it.

15 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Just hope Roddy Dunlop hasn't bought that house 

The huge disparity between English and Scottish council tax would have been a hilarious penny to drop had he gone through with it.

Just now, Clown Job said:

Genuinely what is there to cut? It's not like much has been restored to pre austerity days. Maybe when Charles died it will literally be 20 minutes at the crem and back to a hotel for a cold sausage roll.

This, depressingly, could be massive for privatising the NHS.

So scrapping the 45% tax rate changes. But are the banking execs still getting uncapped bonuses then I take it? Who even wanted that policy change?

I’m assuming another couple of polls will be taken at the end of this week or the beginning of next week.  It will be interesting to see how much they will be affected by what goes on at the conference.  I would imagine a Labour lead of around 15%.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m assuming another couple of polls will be taken at the end of this week or the beginning of next week.  It will be interesting to see how much they will be affected by what goes on at the conference.  I would imagine a Labour lead of around 15%.

What on earth about this conference makes you think the Tories are going to be able to cut Labour’s lead in half? 

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

What on earth about this conference makes you think the Tories are going to be able to cut Labour’s lead in half? 

Anyone who would vote tory is either just an ordinary b*****d or a fickle b*****d.  This u-turn is entirely on optics, not policy so I'd expect a significant reduction in the Labour lead back towards hung parliament territory.

18 minutes ago, 101 said:

This, depressingly, could be massive for privatising the NHS.

"If the NHS cant do its bit to help us get Britains public services back on their feet at this difficult time, then we may have to think laterally and bring in some of of our friends from the USA who are providing top quality health services as part of a public/private mix"

Just to save you reading the bullshit soundbites in 6 months.....................

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Tv coverage. 

Nick Robinson ended today's interview with Kwasi by saying that he was very brave to come on and had clearly learned a lesson. Brutal. 

14 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

"If the NHS cant do its bit to help us get Britains public services back on their feet at this difficult time, then we may have to think laterally and bring in some of of our friends from the USA who are providing top quality health services as part of a public/private mix"

Just to save you reading the bullshit soundbites in 6 months.....................

"You didn't want the social care levy, so what do you expect us to do"

For anyone that wants to see the way privatisation will end for health care look at it in operation in the prison service.