The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Truss and Kwarteng just enact what their corporate handlers tell them.

They have no ideas of their own.

Just like most contributors on here.

Actually, I think the direction of travel is correct.

Politically, the removal of the top rate of 45% was a bit naive despite the cost being very small.

The retention of the bands with fiscal drag pulls in a lot more cash.

Labour wanted the reversal of the N.I. rises, wanted the energy help plus wanted to spend more on going green which made their spending commitments higher than the Tories.

Just been announced that we’re not in recession.

Pound back pretty well to where it was before the mini budget.

If we start getting growth, then I think a lot of this hot air will disappear.

42 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just like most contributors on here.

Actually, I think the direction of travel is correct.

Politically, the removal of the top rate of 45% was a bit naive despite the cost being very small.

The retention of the bands with fiscal drag pulls in a lot more cash.

Labour wanted the reversal of the N.I. rises, wanted the energy help plus wanted to spend more on going green which made their spending commitments higher than the Tories.

Just been announced that we’re not in recession.

Pound back pretty well to where it was before the mini budget.

If we start getting growth, then I think a lot of this hot air will disappear.

Again, 😂😂😂

The hilarious thing is that Truss and Kwarteng will know how badly they’ve fucked it up but cannot admit it.  They literally have no option than to try and defend this disaster.

Truss’s total incompetence has screwed her in record time.

I caught (by mistake) about 3 minutes of Question Time last night. That show always makes my eyes bleed.

Bruce: Any Tory voters want to say anything about how they are feeling?

Gammon faced waste of skin with toxic brain: Yes, this is bad. We've been going from crisis to crisis for ten years now. It is hard to defend voting for them all the time.

14P3H

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, they're puppets of the think tanks.

However, they could not be more willing to be.  They are true believers and were coming out with this dangerous shite over a decade ago.  At that time, there was little sign that such a path would lead the pair of them to Downing Street.

I think it's a mistake to see them simply as empty vessels, available for hire.  They mean it.

Make your mind up. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I caught (by mistake) about 3 minutes of Question Time last night. That show always makes my eyes bleed.

Bruce: Any Tory voters want to say anything about how they are feeling?

Gammon faced waste of skin with toxic brain: Yes, this is bad. We've been going from crisis to crisis for ten years now. It is hard to defend voting for them all the time.

Great illustration of why we're totally fucked.  It has the same energy as the guy I saw interviewed on the telly coming out of the polling station in December 2019 saying he voted Conservative because "it's time for a change".   

Truss and Kwarteng are going to delay the OBR forecast for six weeks after they receive it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/sep/30/liz-truss-kwasi-kwarteng-obr-mini-budget-uk-politics-live

This has great banter potential if it’s leaked.  Everyone else commenting upon it, markets (speculators) reacting to it and opposition politicians using it to slaughter the Tories.  Meanwhile there can be no comeback as the government won’t officially respond to a leaked report.

Where’s the popcorn?