The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

56 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Are the delays when Truss speaks in these interviews because of a technical issue or is it actually taking her that long to think which unrelated pre-prepared statement to say?

She’s as thick as pig shit and too thick to realise it.

Edited by Granny Danger

6 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

Surely she will not be in position for much longer.  These interviews are utterly tragic and clearly show the smirking bitch does not have a clue.

I listened to a collage of local radio interviews on Radio Ulster at 12 o'clock, and every answer was the virtually the same.

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The levels of home ownership are pretty similar in England and Scotland.  I would imagine there will be more people with huge mortgages in England though.  I work with people in London who own houses valued at a million quid, for example.  

At the moment.

13 minutes ago, GiGi said:

🤣 there's no way it would be that bad for the Tories no matter what they do but fucking hell man.

General election pronto. 

No it won’t be anything as bad as that but there will still be huge numbers of Tory MPs wondering what the hell they will do after the next GE.  Some former ministers will get cushy jobs but other MPs, particularly ambitious ones, will see their careers disappearing before they really started.

Edited by Granny Danger

6 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

A major worry for the Truss/Kwartang axis of misery will be the September CPI inflation rate (which will be announced in mid-October) and the consequent decision on pension and benefit increases which take effect from the following April. 

If inflation is around 10% will benefits and pensions rise by that amount? 

Kwarteng has confirmed tonight that the triple lock will remain and that Pensions WILL increase with inflation, however he also confirmed that benefits were a different situation entirely and that a decision would be taken on this closer to the time.

Totally shocking but not entirely unexpected.

"However, the chancellor said it was too early to say whether he would keep the previous government's promise to increase benefits next April in line with inflation.

He did, however, say the prime minister was committed to reinstating the triple lock on pensions, which means they increase by whichever is highest: inflation, the average wage rise, or 2.5%."

Edited by WATTOO

I don’t think they’ll end up with 60 seats but the Tories could end up losing a shitload. The Lib Dems and Greens, weirdly, can chip away at the leafy  Home Counties vote while Labour can pump them in cities, as you’d expect, while adding the town vote in.

1997 had the Tories on 165 seats, I could see them getting less. 

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t think they’ll end up with 60 seats but the Tories could end up losing a shitload. The Lib Dems and Greens, weirdly, can chip away at the leafy  Home Counties vote while Labour can pump them in cities, as you’d expect, while adding the town vote in.

1997 had the Tories on 165 seats, I could see them getting less. 

Fewer.