The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

We are definitely starting to see some anger from people who never imagined that they personally would be the ones feeling the pinch due to UK economic policy.

The type of questions in that Kent interview are only being put forward because the wrong people are losing out now. This crisis has years to run and millions of people are in for a big shock. 

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

We are definitely starting to see some anger from people who never imagined that they personally would be the ones feeling the pinch due to UK economic policy.

The type of questions in that Kent interview are only being put forward because the wrong people are losing out now. This crisis has years to run and millions of people are in for a big shock. 

This crisis is touching the sacred cow - mess about with home ownership, and you are done for in England.

Truss genuinely comes across as someone who has no idea what she’s talking about despite being a minister for years.  I know Johnson charmed his privileged arse through education but how did this puddle drinker make it through Oxford University.  She can not be as thick as she comes across surely.

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Truss genuinely comes across as someone who has no idea what she’s talking about despite being a minister for years.  I know Johnson charmed his privileged arse through education but how did this puddle drinker make it through Oxford University.  She can not be as thick as she comes across surely.

Boris Johnson isn't thick either - the bumbling buffoon in public was an act

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

This crisis is touching the sacred cow - mess about with home ownership, and you are done for in England.

The levels of home ownership are pretty similar in England and Scotland.  I would imagine there will be more people with huge mortgages in England though.  I work with people in London who own houses valued at a million quid, for example.  

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The levels of home ownership are pretty similar in England and Scotland.  I would imagine there will be more people with huge mortgages in England though.  I work with people in London who own houses valued at a million quid, for example.  

If you look in an estate agent window in London you see that £1m doesn't get you very much.

It seems guaranteed that houses prices will fall to a level that corrects for the Covid surge but I don't see them falling much further. 

25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Boo-hoo-hoo

A major worry for the Truss/Kwartang axis of misery will be the September CPI inflation rate (which will be announced in mid-October) and the consequent decision on pension and benefit increases which take effect from the following April. 

If inflation is around 10% will benefits and pensions rise by that amount? 

30 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

She reminds me of Bubble in Ab Fab.

18 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Boo-hoo-hoo

I agree with the sentiment. f**k them. 

However they are the dominant electoral bloc and it's unlikely they are going to suddenly think it's time to give social democracy a go. 

Starmer isn't going to fix anything so the long term outlook is even more of a shift to the right. 

6 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

A major worry for the Truss/Kwartang axis of misery will be the September CPI inflation rate (which will be announced in mid-October) and the consequent decision on pension and benefit increases which take effect from the following April. 

If inflation is around 10% will benefits and pensions rise by that amount? 

They have been vilifying workers asking for 10% so I think we know the answer to that. 

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Is there anyone who is even slightly surprised that Truss is completely out of her depth?

I’m not.  Given her performances in past ministerial rolls I am only to well aware of her limitations.

Whereas Johnson was a publicity whore Truss will do more and more to stay away from media interviews.

Square or link?

I see Truss has repeated a number of times that the price cap will limit energy bills to £2,500 which is a complete lie as the price cap only applies to unit / standing charge prices. People could easily rack up massive bills well over £2,500 yet this cretin is spouting misinformation at best and lies at worst that their bills will be capped.