The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

Just now, Theyellowbox said:

Genuine question. At what point do the British people get so angry that there is mass protests? And I don't mean the usual activists, but the normal man and woman on the street.

If this were pretty much any other country, folk would be out kicking up a stink and demanding the government do something or force them out.

A lot of folk have been unhappy for a long time, but assuming the penny has finally dropped for the Brexity folk, when do they get angry? 

They’re fucking spineless

Dont expect anything from the “Keep calm and carry on” mob

Absolutely hilarious that no confidence letters are going in, just like the Labour party, the membership have the political acuity of a shrimp and the politicians tear themselves apart over it, great laugh in opposition but such behaviour whilst in government should see you into the electoral oblivion.

8 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Genuine question. At what point do the British people get so angry that there is mass protests? And I don't mean the usual activists, but the normal man and woman on the street.

If this were pretty much any other country, folk would be out kicking up a stink and demanding the government do something or force them out.

A lot of folk have been unhappy for a long time, but assuming the penny has finally dropped for the Brexity folk, when do they get angry? 

Probably at the point the people making the "Why aren't people rioting????" posts on twitter realise no-one is doing their bidding for them and they are forced to start it themselves. 

8 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

When they realise that the Queen really is deid.  And there's f**k all left but Strictly.

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Probably at the point the people making the "Why aren't people rioting????" posts on twitter realise no-one is doing their bidding for them and they are forced to start it themselves. 

But they won't. Everyone will continue to look away and pretend it's not happening, while privately saying we are fucked.

We are a nation(s) of lazy individuals when it comes to protecting ourselves. Unless someone hands us a solution or perceived solution on a plate, see Brexit, then we will do nothing.

If the Faroe Islands invaded Britain, they'd probably succeed as folk would be too lazy to fight.

However, I do think that once there is a trickle of discontent, there will be a flood behind it, as you suggest. 

To the tune of King of the Road (with apologies to Roger Miller)

UK for sale or rent

Get a pound for 50 cents

Neo cons now run the place

See the smile on Rees Mogg’s face

Feel free to add verses.

(yeah now I’m retired I have too much time on my hands)

42 minutes ago, 101 said:

Absolutely hilarious that no confidence letters are going in, just like the Labour party, the membership have the political acuity of a shrimp and the politicians tear themselves apart over it, great laugh in opposition but such behaviour whilst in government should see you into the electoral oblivion.

They’re all clinging onto their seats with some of them knowing they will be getting emptied in 2024.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I fully believe the NCA needs to open an investigation into Brexit, the past two Tory regimes and the current one. The corruption is widespread on the scale of Trump in the USA, we need ‘our FBI’ to do the same. 

They’re turning us into a mini USA

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I fully believe the NCA needs to open an investigation into Brexit, the past two Tory regimes and the current one. The corruption is widespread on the scale of Trump in the USA, we need ‘our FBI’ to do the same. 

For all it’s faults I think the USA’s constitution offers it citizens a level of protection that does not exist in the UK.  We have an ‘elected dictatorship’ which allows the government to do largely what they want.

Edited by Granny Danger

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

To the tune of King of the Road (with apologies to Roger Miller)

UK for sale or rent

Get a pound for 50 cents

Neo cons now run the place

See the smile on Rees Mogg’s face

A country that's now doomed

Thanks to a whole cabinet turnaroond

Stealing all attention away from the Queen *dead*

End of the road

Edited by Hedgecutter

This is such an unbelievable shambles... Pound collapsing, wealth gap widening, Cabinet split incoming on immigration, Bank of England rumoured to be planning another rapid interest rate rise... any minute now I expect that the Cabinet will start to unzip their foreheads to reveal they are actually the Slitheen from Dr Who. 

You may scoff but it's only marginally less believable than the pretence that these inept "c"ankers actually know what they are doing. 

Tell you what, it's going to take a Hell of a" look over there" to deflect us from looking "over here". "Queen's corgies were CIA agents"; "Megan rages as Harry signs for Chelsea"; maybe even "Boris to divorce Carrie and run away with Nadine Dorries."

The Daily Mail and Express readers might fall for it, but the money markets managers won't, and they haven't taken their eyes off the ball over the past few days. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

36 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They did, into Banks anyway.  It didn't go anywhere. Between the toothless EC & ICo they got away with all the electoral fraud and I imagine proving any direct links between the UK government, its ministers, their families, their opaque trusts etc and their influence on what was essentially a unregulated straw poll, would be an enormous ball ache. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Can't help but wonder who's pulling the strings for the not overly bright Liz T.

IDS maybe?

The Chancellor unveiled his Growth Plan to release the huge potential in the British economy by tackling high energy costs and inflation and delivering higher productivity and wages. #minibudget2022
Quote Tweet

Conservatives

@Conservatives
· Sep 23
✂️ Lower taxes. 📊 A growing economy. 📈 Higher wages. That is the Conservative Plan for Growth.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

For all it’s faults I think the USA’s constitution offers it citizens a level of protection that does not exist in the UK.  We have an ‘elected dictatorship’ which allows the government to do largely what they want.

Parliamentary Sovereignty

Parliamentary sovereignty is a principle of the UK constitution. It makes Parliament the supreme legal authority in the UK, which can create or end any law. Generally, the courts cannot overrule its legislation and no Parliament can pass laws that future Parliaments cannot change. Parliamentary sovereignty is the most important part of the UK constitution.