The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

Imagine if you were one of those folk in a 'red wall' seat and you voted for this lot to 'get Brexit done' and you get this. You'd be well gutted. Well, f**k them. No sympathy whatsoever.

I work with a Tory member and he was arguing that this could be good in the long run! You have to wonder about how these people fall for any old sh!te. The last 12 years have been nothing but short sightedness and how to get through the current cycle, so to belive that this is some sort of long term plan is just nuts! 

15 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Imagine if you were one of those folk in a 'red wall' seat and you voted for this lot to 'get Brexit done' and you get this. You'd be well gutted. Well, f**k them. No sympathy whatsoever.

I work with a Tory member and he was arguing that this could be good in the long run! You have to wonder about how these people fall for any old sh!te. The last 12 years have been nothing but short sightedness and how to get through the current cycle, so to belive that this is some sort of long term plan is just nuts! 

F**k them indeed. I’ve also got no sympathy for the red wall voters.

Working class punters thinking the Tories are the best party to represent them 😂😂😂

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The U.K. now has the most extreme government since Thatcher’s; maybe even more extreme.

My only recollection of the Thatcher years were in my later teens, but this lot seem far, far worse. This is the most glaring admission of "you're not rich, you don't matter" I can ever remember from these c***s. 

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

We don't even know if it was UK Tory party members who put Truss in power.

image.thumb.png.341494d2ca9b186d906bc86811d81b3f.png

https://www.conservativesabroad.org/join-usimage.thumb.png.a9170b3d0c88611845e47ad79fe9ad44.png

Surely to f**k this is just extremely badly worded and  there is a precondition that you be a UK citizen. Otherwise, any dafty (including foreign dafties) with a spare £25 could become a member of this disproportionately powerful and exotic electorate.

You do not have to be eligible to vote in the UK to join the Conservative Party or Conservatives Abroad.

This must be aimed at Brits who have lost their right to vote, having lived abroad for fifteen years or more. 

19 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Surely to f**k this is just extremely badly worded and  there is a precondition that you be a UK citizen. Otherwise, any dafty (including foreign dafties) with a spare £25 could become a member of this disproportionately powerful and exotic electorate.

You do not have to be eligible to vote in the UK to join the Conservative Party or Conservatives Abroad.

This must be aimed at Brits who have lost their right to vote, having lived abroad for fifteen years or more. 

How else do you think all those Russian billionaires funneled cash into the party whilst the authorities turned a blind eye.

18 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Nope, anyone with 25 quid or equivalent. The BBC here say it's just 1% of members but as the Tories refuse point blank to give a breakdown of their membership, or even how many there are in total, it's impossible to tell.

Tory leadership election: Meet the overseas voters picking the next PM

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes, I refer you to this post.

On a different note, I’m astounded posters are still rabbiting on about Truss being effectively ‘elected’ by a small group of Tory members.

If Nicola Sturgeon resigned/dropped dead tomorrow her replacement would be chosen by SNP members, not by theScottish electorate.

I think you're missing the point. It's not about the principle of the franchise in the election of a party leader. Giving a say to party members is not an intrinsically bad thing, although elected politicians are often more moderate (pragmatic and less radical) than lay members. It's about the calibre of that wider electorate and 140,000 Tory voters, who actually chose to join that contemptible party, effectively choosing a Prime Minister is utterly grotesque.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The U.K. now has the most extreme government since Thatcher’s; maybe even more extreme.

Honestly right now this seems beyond Thatcher and would make her look a lefty. If the people up here aren’t flocking to back independence by next year then we’ll never leave as this is an absolute shit show of a government that gives zero fucks about the people. 

Whilst always quietly supporting independence - I voted yes in 2014 - I have decided we urgently need to get away from this out of touch horrible creature and her horrible out of touch cronies ASAP. She’s clearly going to be the worst since Thatcher. A sneering, put the boot into thd poor at every opportunity, horror show of a woman.

I’m officially joining the SNP. 

53 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

I think you're missing the point. It's not about the principle of the franchise in the election of a party leader. Giving a say to party members is not an intrinsically bad thing, although elected politicians are often more moderate (pragmatic and less radical) than lay members. It's about the calibre of that wider electorate and 140,000 Tory voters, who actually chose to join that contemptible party, effectively choosing a Prime Minister is utterly grotesque.

We will have to agree to disagree.  We can’t say it’s a bad thing because of the type of people in the Conservative Party but that it would be an OK thing because of the type of people in the SNP.  

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

My only recollection of the Thatcher years were in my later teens, but this lot seem far, far worse. This is the most glaring admission of "you're not rich, you don't matter" I can ever remember from these c***s. 

Middle England absolutely loved Thatcher and therein lies the problem.

8 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Yes, it's old git in the corner time... 😁

I'm sure I remember a Two Ronnies sketch - maybe during the "and finally" news bit - when Barker stated that the pound had fallen to two point four against the Matabele Gumbo Bean.

Not yet maybe, but probably getting closer.

“The drain on Britain’s gold reserves is over, they’re all gone! Let’s get down to brass tacks…the brass tax which I am about to introduce”…had that on an old comedy Lp.

4 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

“Membership of Conservatives Abroad is open to all who live abroad and pledge support for the UK Conservative Party. You do not have to be a voter or a UK citizen.” - Directly from the Conservatives Abroad website under “How to Join”

https://www.conservativesabroad.org/get-involved

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Nope, anyone with 25 quid or equivalent. The BBC here say it's just 1% of members but as the Tories refuse point blank to give a breakdown of their membership, or even how many there are in total, it's impossible to tell.

Tory leadership election: Meet the overseas voters picking the next PM

Nailed it.

I lived through the Thatcher years. They were horrible b*****ds then. And we thought we had seen a fascist mob in power. This mob are even more disgusting and they do it in plain sight. There are even some parts of the social fabric that Thatcher wouldn't even touch. This bunch of fascists are ripping into everything than glues society .

They are hell bent on destroying society and going back to the old glorious of Victoriana. 

Thing is, the English voter will probably vote them back in.

I'm genuinely very angered by this 'fiscal event' and its contents.

Morally, it's truly, truly disgusting, and significantly worse than any stroke Thatcher pulled.

Even if it works in its own narrow terms (and most think that's unlikely) and manages to boost growth, so fucking what?  

With a government this ideologically opposed to any kind of redistribution based on fairness, it won't help.  The belief in trickle down, is hugely discredited, and I don't think those behind this really care about that anyway.

Given her flimsy mandate and her behaviour here, the required response involves rioting in the streets.

I think that criticisms based on 'trashing the last 12 years' or on 'a huge gamble' completely miss the point.  Crazy right wing nut jobs have grabbed the wheel, and they have no interest whatever in whether this works in a wider sense for society.

This is disastrous.

10 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

9 hours ago, zidane's child said:

F**k them indeed. I’ve also got no sympathy for the red wall voters.

Working class punters thinking the Tories are the best party to represent them 😂😂😂

+1

One of the few moments of satisfaction when the whole country is tanking will be seeing those daft bigoted fuckers finally realise they've voted to f**k themselves over, just because they didn't like Johnny Foreigner. They're literally voting for Tory MPs that probably despise them. Idiots 😂

Any money the next Indy Poll is 49/51 Yes/No? We might as well put the tin hat on this clusterfuck by being total fucking doormats as well.