Kilmarnock v St Johnstone 5/10/22

1 hour ago, Sainthearted said:

Much of a muchness. All of the players we all know are woeful are still woeful. Likewise, Davidson still lacks the requisite aptitude to organise a piss-up in a brewery. 

Really, the only thing we've learned from this experience is we may need to set up some mandatory training on how to operate online forums for that andrewh guy. He seems confused. 

No training required. Just poor concentration in the midst of multiple hospital visits. Won’t happen again. :)

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Whether because we've had a few good results or conversely because the memories of last season are still fresh, bit of an overreaction to last night IMO.

Team certainly let themselves down as Kilmarnock were hungrier and worked harder but this wasn't back to the dark depths of last term. They put us under pressure and forced errors at the back and that's where their joy came from, capitalising on sloppiness or forcing us long onto the head of a big back four. Lewis Mayo touched the ball 4 times in open play within 50 yards of our goal. They were solid at the back, energetic and aggressive in the middle and pressed with intensity in attack. It wasn't Brazil 1970 but if the opposition don't match those basics then you immediately have the advantage.

Of course it's disappointing to lose a game essentially because the opposition want it more but when that was happening last season, Saints had nothing, we couldn't get forward , couldn't create chances and couldn't register efforts on target.

There was a long spell in the second half where that maybe seemed the case but they did rally late on and the first half - again I'll stress despite not playing well - we created a reasonable amount for an away fixture and I think Hemmings had to deal with 3 or 4 shots that required saving.

Not the game you want on Saturday when you are wanting a reaction but it has to come at Livingston and Easter Road, we can't be outworked like that again, it has to be a reality check and a one-off.

Part of that can hopefully be achieved by a change in personnel. Crawford has to be about done. We lost so much with him taking Murphy's place, then it becomes difficult for the latter to get up to the speed of the game when the opposition are playing with such an intensity even after an hour, so you don't even get an immediate boost from him coming off the bench. Someone above tried to say Crawford has some qualities but I just don't see it, he's a completely nothing player. Kucheriavyi offered so much more in his time on the park.

And so is James Brown. I want to like this guy cause he clearly tries hard but that's just not enough if you want to be a decent team, especially playing with wing backs. If Derek McInnes did manage to get the message across to his players after seeing the team lines then it's great management but I thought it looked noticeable that Kilmarnock were keen to close down options down our right but happy to let us switch out left to Brown, knowing he'd do nothing positive with the ball.

Bit of criticism of Nicky Clark and he certainly wasn't heavily involved but just his technical ability is cause for optimism, having a striker that can comfortably control the football. May was having to drop into the areas that Murphy would usually take up because Crawford was just ghosting about and that hurt us.

Opportunity missed last night but now looking for a bounce back in the two fixtures after Saturday.

A lot of fair points. I was probably as guilty of an over reaction as anyone last night, but it was such a lame half-hearted performance, I guess I just didn’t see it coming after our recent improvement.

It felt like such a great chance to get daylight between ourselves and the bottom three and we wasted it.

Still think the vast majority were way below par, with absolutely no one trying to grab the game by the scruff of the neck to get us back into it until Max K late on.

Have a bit of sympathy for James Brown. He’s a full back (or CB) being brought in after not playing for a while to play wing back which he is not best suited for, on the wrong side of the park when he is very one footed.  I don’t think he should be starting for us, but for a back up defender  at our level I think he’s okay.

22 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

A lot of fair points. I was probably as guilty of an over reaction as anyone last night, but it was such a lame half-hearted performance, I guess I just didn’t see it coming after our recent improvement.

It felt like such a great chance to get daylight between ourselves and the bottom three and we wasted it.

Still think the vast majority were way below par, with absolutely no one trying to grab the game by the scruff of the neck to get us back into it until Max K late on.

Have a bit of sympathy for James Brown. He’s a full back (or CB) being brought in after not playing for a while to play wing back which he is not best suited for, on the wrong side of the park when he is very one footed.  I don’t think he should be starting for us, but for a back up defender  at our level I think he’s okay.

I don't think we can get away with having Crawfold, Considine and Hallberg all in the same side as all 3 want to much time on the ball. Individually, fine, but not all together. Agree on Brown. Squad player, but not a starter. 

What's annoying is that Crawford and MOH really failed to grasp the chance and we are probably stuck with the until Jan. Wee Max though looked keen. 

2 hours ago, Derek Patterson said:

Fair enough sentiment but shouldn't need to shout about it.

A bit embarrassing the night we start Lafferty up front, just a couple of weeks after he got a slap on the wrist for saying something that would get me barred from Scottish football grounds for life.

26 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

A bit embarrassing the night we start Lafferty up front, just a couple of weeks after he got a slap on the wrist for saying something that would get me barred from Scottish football grounds for life.

Have to say I was surprised he was in the line up, or even the squad.

58 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I don't think we can get away with having Crawfold, Considine and Hallberg all in the same side as all 3 want to much time on the ball. Individually, fine, but not all together. Agree on Brown. Squad player, but not a starter. 

What's annoying is that Crawford and MOH really failed to grasp the chance and we are probably stuck with the until Jan. Wee Max though looked keen. 

Yes I noticed that about Hallberg earlier in the season, he’s a talented player but he often likes to pick it up in midfield and take loads of touches before playing a simple 5 yard pass, instead of an earlier more effective one.

There is a time to slow a game down if we’ve been under pressure etc, but he does it a lot.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Have to say I was surprised he was in the line up, or even the squad.

It's a tricky one. If we had binned him I would have had no issue with that decision. Would have sent a very strong message that sectarianism can actually be tackled and certain clubs arent doing enough. 

On the other hand, as a small club in a relegation fight, why should we hold ourselves to a higher standard that involves getting rid of one of our best players, when no one is asking us to?

2 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

It's a tricky one. If we had binned him I would have had no issue with that decision. Would have sent a very strong message that sectarianism can actually be tackled and certain clubs arent doing enough. 

On the other hand, as a small club in a relegation fight, why should we hold ourselves to a higher standard that involves getting rid of one of our best players, when no one is asking us to?

I can’t help but feel paragraph one answers paragraph two…