Edinburgh City vs Peterhead

So this weekend Peterhead make the short journey down to Meadowbank for more League one action.

The Blue Toon having lost 2-0 to Montrose recently will be looking to bounce back here.

Edinburgh City have,  apparently, surprised some people this season but we'll just keep going and see were it takes us at the end of the season. 😃

No score prediction, only another three points matter.

Come on City! 👏

Wonder when this will be arranged for. Bad enough cancelling games anyway but more so for part-time sides it will involve probably if played during the week getting time off for players & all the usual drawbacks. Would be not so bad if clashing with the funeral but that probably a week away then they say a week of mourning after that, ridiculous. So now rather than see their team play on Saturday a lot of folk will just head down the pub for a few pints rather than stay at home wailing for the departed. It would have been much more sensible to continue with games until it is all over.

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Well said Mr Napper

A nonsense decision to cancel all games from the SPFL.

Suppose they have to be seen to be doing "the right thing" by the PC world we currently live in. 😔

Have to say I disagree. Whether you love or hate the royal family, this is a seismic event. Edinburgh is already full of police, security and road closures. We haven't had a monarch die for 70 years so I am not sure what the protocol for cancelling a round of fixtures for the fitba was in 1952. It's one game in a season of 38. 

Just like the BBC and the newspapers have had their obituaries written for decades, I'd be pretty sure that the SPFL are just rubber stamping something that was agreed years ago with the government. 

6 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

Have to say I disagree. Whether you love or hate the royal family, this is a seismic event. Edinburgh is already full of police, security and road closures. We haven't had a monarch die for 70 years so I am not sure what the protocol for cancelling a round of fixtures for the fitba was in 1952. It's one game in a season of 38. 

Just like the BBC and the newspapers have had their obituaries written for decades, I'd be pretty sure that the SPFL are just rubber stamping something that was agreed years ago with the government. 

I read on Twitter when the King died in 1952 games that day were played and the full fixtures on the Saturday were played.

Different world back then I suppose.

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I read on Twitter when the King died in 1952 games that day were played and the full fixtures on the Saturday were played.

Different world indeed! Imagine explaining to someone in 1952 what Twitter was....

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

King George V died on the morning of Wednesday 6th February - and his funeral was on Friday 15th February. There were no games due on the Friday of the funeral, and I'm sure it would have been tacitly understood that none should have been scheduled. However games were played the afternoon he died (which was announced at 11:15am), the following weekend, plus during the 2 adjacent midweeks. Only actual intervention was that all games in Greater London were cancelled during the 4 weekdays preceding the funeral. That aside the only requirements were:

(1) there was to be a minutes silence immediately before kickoff
(2) where a band or loudspeaker system was available, that silence was to be preceded by "Abide with Me", and followed by "God Save the Queen"
(3) players were to wear black armbands

Notice of these arrangements was to be placed in the local press, and printed in the match programme where available.

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

It was. Edinburgh City were called Edinburgh City 

Enough churlishness. Apart from Hampden was Meadowbank the only other Scottish football ground our Lizzie appeared at?

Just had a look at this for anyone that had tickets for todays game

zScZBKae_normal.jpg

In light of today's announcement regarding the postponement of this weekend's fixtures. Purchased tickets will remain valid for the rearranged fixture date, we will inform all fans SOON If you wish a refund please email directly - support@fanbaseclub.com *refund 5-7 days

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently Edinburgh City can go top of the League one table IF, we win this game!

Who'd have thought that before the season started? 😲

Anyway, I'm a wee bit worried about Peterheed's great comeback at the end there getting a point a Dunfermline. I hope they don't take confidence from that!

Should be a big crowd in for this thriller, so lucky I've already got my tickets. 👍