Bills @ Rams, Opening Night

lichtie23

The 2022/23 NFL Season kicks off with a blockbuster matchup between the defending Super Bowl champion Los Angeles Rams and AFC powerhouse Buffalo Bills. 

The Rams won their 2nd title in franchise history back in February with a thrilling 23-20 win over the Cincinnati Bengals. The Rams will be lead by Matt Stafford at QB who’s main target will be SuperBowl MVP Cooper Kupp. They’ve also added stand out WR Allen Robinson from the Bears. Defensively they have the best player in the league Aaron Donald but have lost Von Miller to their opening night opponents. Safety Eric Weddle has also retired, 

The Bills will be lead by MVP candidate Josh Allen at QB playing behind a solid O-Line which includes new acquisition Rodger Saffold. Stefon Diggs & Gabe Davis make a formidable Wide Reciever duo while Dawson Knox is also a top end receiving Tight End. Defensively they’ve added 8 time pro bowl linebacker Von Miller (Rams) and Defensive Tackle DaQuan Jones (Panthers)

The game kicks off at 1.20am on Friday morning and is live on Sky Sports! 

Yup. Will be recording to watch on Friday morning. Usual drills now apply…. Set the programme to record on Sky, AND the programme immediately after it. Leave the TV on the ‘Challenge’ channel before going to bed, so you get Bruce’s Play Your Cards Right on… never known Brucie to give you the latest NFL results. Avoid phones, iPads, anything… until watched. Easy. I hope.

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Yup. Will be recording to watch on Friday morning. Usual drills now apply…. Set the programme to record on Sky, AND the programme immediately after it. Leave the TV on the ‘Challenge’ channel before going to bed, so you get Bruce’s Play Your Cards Right on… never known Brucie to give you the latest NFL results. Avoid phones, iPads, anything… until watched. Easy. I hope.

Sounds easier just to watch it! 

This could be anything, bit surprised the Bills are favourites with the bookies away from home. Bit worried about our corners with White out, will be last year's 3rd choice Dane Jackson plus a rookie. Hopefully Miller can make a difference.

Will also be recording it then watching with judicious use of fast forward before work on Friday.

I also work from home but actually have to do work rather than watch TV ya pair of shiftless b*****ds :P

FWIW I won't be too up or down regardless of the result, I  think the Bills could easily be 3-3 going into the week 7 bye, the schedule is really front loaded with this game and trips to Baltimore and KC.

Should still make the playoffs unless Allen gets injured or there are a crazy amount of injuries to other players on the team, and #1 seed could be quite a low amount of wins in the AFC with the West likely to cannibalise itself to a degree.