Heavy Songs By Artists That Aren't Heavy

the snudge

Always really liked the full length version of the song ‘You Must Be Prepared to Dream’ by Ian McNabb & Crazy Horse. I don’t think McNabb’s normal day job was particularly ‘heavy’. Feckin’ thunderous riffing though. Same with Stevie Van Zandt’s ‘Salvation’ track. Great guitar riffs.

On 05/09/2022 at 09:41, btb said:

Let's go the other way, how about a chillout album by Motörhead guitarist Würzel, it's obscure and quite hard to find excerpts online but I'd say it's worth it.

See the source image

And of course, ex-Napalm Death drummer (and coiner of the term 'blastbeat') Mick Harris had a whole career after leaving ND in the ambient world, with his Scorn project.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 06/09/2022 at 15:27, Ranaldo Bairn said:

And of course, ex-Napalm Death drummer (and coiner of the term 'blastbeat') Mick Harris had a whole career after leaving ND in the ambient world, with his Scorn project.

Interestingly enough and quite appropriately for this topic, the earliest example I've been able to find of a genuine blastbeat in rock/metal (despite Charlie Benante claiming otherwise), was Jon Small from Billy Joel's metal band before he was Billy Joel.