Quickest hat trick

welshbairn

Neil Gauld scored 3 goals in 3 minutes for Banks o' Dee in an 8 nil victory away to Wick Academy yesterday; 73rd, 74th and 75th minutes. Is this some kind of record outside one of these 100 plus goal games in obscure leagues?

P.S. Google tells me it's not unique, I'll need to find the time in seconds to see how high it ranks, hopefully somebody videoed it.

Edited by welshbairn

I scored three at Ibrox ( the astro across from it) in about 5 minutes. Walter Smith, McCoist and Durrant were watching from the steps opposite while they waited for a taxi. One was a penalty so bad the keeper tried to kick it away, but it spun, rolled up the length of his body and dropped over his shoulder. It didn't even hit the net. Everybody agreed it was the worst 3 goals they'd ever seen.

The agent Raymond Sparkes brother was playing but he must've forgot to pass on my details.

On 04/09/2022 at 15:54, Loki said:

Tommy Ross scored a 90 second hat-trick for Ross County against Nairn County.  Believe that is still the record.

Supposedly. I'm not sure how they managed to time something from non league football in 1964 in accurate seconds though.

Likewise given the Bryce one wasnt recorded I'm not really sure how accurate the 1m 46s often quoted really is. I was there and would swear it was under 2 mins but more accurate than that I couldnt be. Refs only record timings in minutes. Think from memory that one was recorded as 8, 9 & 10.