Clyde vs Dunfermline - Rearranged for Tue 18th Oct

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Also went last night, Clyde looked disjointed, not knowing what their jobs were. On the 3 or 4 occasions that decent crosses went in, there was either no one gambling or big enough to win headers.The only way was to push up and stop the Pars playing,force them into mistakes. Add some old heads and the youngsters may prosper.

Parry (36), McLean (37), Thicot (35), Gomis (37). Do they really need more old heads? When you add in Peter Grant, who can’t run, I’d argue that their defence was far too old/immobile last night. Gomis’ legs are gone too. It’s just a very imbalanced squad, rather than one lacking experience. I’d guess it’s probably the oldest squad in the league.

In comparison, the oldest player at our club is 30 and our manager is around the same age as 4 players that started for Clyde. At 28, Joe Chalmers is the 2nd oldest outfield player at our club. 3rd is Todorov at 26. 

Also went last night, Clyde looked disjointed, not knowing what their jobs were. On the 3 or 4 occasions that decent crosses went in, there was either no one gambling or big enough to win headers.The only way was to push up and stop the Pars playing,force them into mistakes. Add some old heads and the youngsters may prosper.

We don’t need any more old heads, what we need is two fullbacks, at least one centre back who can run, some presence in midfield and a striker that can win headers and hold the ball up.

8 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Looking at Clyde, I can’t see that side staying up. There’s just such a lack of quality. The back 3 were all horrendously slow/immobile. You’d also repeatedly try and play it out from the back, but as soon as they were under any pressure, they’d just punt it anywhere. You just can’t play that way, with players like that. Of course, they’re not helped by Parry looking like a bombscare. He kept coming out and missing several crosses - particularly at corners and long throws and his distribution was horrendous. Kept playing his defenders into trouble, or just giving us the ball.

Gomis’ legs have gone. You could see he still has a footballing brain, but he can’t run and struggled to have any influence. Chalmers was outpacing him. Your number 10 looked alright in flashes when running with the ball, but his end product was really poor. Up front, your striker’s first touch was horrendous, so he couldn’t hold it up at all and our defenders didn’t really have to break sweat to deal with him.

Obviously, this is just based on one game. That may not reflect the actual abilities of these players.

You should be a manager !!!!!!!!!!!

You have summed us up after one game

1. Slow central defence

2. Parry - was a good player 

3. Gomis - was a good player 

4. Cunningham - always threatens to do something but never does

5. Allan - powder puff

If I can see and you can see it why can’t DL see it?

Reality is DL probably can see but not saying 

11 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Take McGinn out of our team (which we would obviously never do as #supremeballer) and the average age of our starting line up over the last couple of matches was 23. If they're good enough they're old enough etc.

I'd also say many of our problems over the last few seasons have come from signing past-it dross that could barely move let alone run like Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Paul Dixon, Gary Miller, Paul Paton, Leigh Griffiths etc

Take McGinn out of our team (which we would obviously never do as #supremeballer) and the average age of our starting line up over the last couple of matches was 23. If they're good enough they're old enough etc.
I'd also say many of our problems over the last few seasons have come from signing past-it dross that could barely move let alone run like Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Paul Dixon, Gary Miller, Paul Paton, Leigh Griffiths etc
I won't stand for any Paul Paton slander!

11 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
21 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:
-it dross that could barely move let alone run like Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Paul Dixon, Gary Miller, Paul Paton, Leigh Griffiths etc

I won't stand for any Paul Paton slander!

There’s always a special place in the heart for players who were terrible for Falkirk but excellent for us.