Clyde vs Dunfermline - Rearranged for Tue 18th Oct

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Looking forward to seeing that goal scored from the M80 Motorway…..

Parry had came way out of his goal and his header went straight up in the air so Todd had an empty net from distance.

A few very good Pars performances though and it looked almost too comfortable at times.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Parry had came way out of his goal and his header went straight up in the air so Todd had an empty net from distance.

A few very good Pars performances though and it looked almost too comfortable at times.

In fairness I'm surprised you lot only managed to score 2. I was expecting at least 4...

1 minute ago, TamClyde said:

In fairness I'm surprised you lot only managed to score 2. I was expecting at least 4...

We are not really set up to steam roller teams. McPake likes us to be solid first a foremost. We tend to find a goal but struggle putting the ball in the net. Said it a few times but the attacking side of our game might cost us this season.

Cetainly not complaining though. McPake took on a complete shitshow and he done very well to stabilize us and make us very difficult to beat.

3 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

We are not really set up to steam roller teams. McPake likes us to be solid first a foremost. We tend to find a goal but struggle putting the ball in the net. Said it a few times but the attacking side of our game might cost us this season.

Cetainly not complaining though. McPake took on a complete shitshow and he done very well to stabilize us and make us very difficult to beat.

I think you'll need your defence to keep more healthy than what you have up top Mochrie aside. 

40 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

How the hell did the referee see 8 bookings in the match. 

Truly dreadful. 

Really? Thought most were merited. Wasn't a rough encounter but daft things like stopping an attacker by pulling him back and blocking the keeper kicking the ball out his hands are always going to get you a yellow. 

14 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Exactly.

There was absolutely no malice in the game whatsoever and the ref still felt he needed to take some of the spotlight.

Agreed 8 bookings but was never very a dirty match.

Pars always on top but if we had any potency we could have nicked a point. Both goals directly attribute Clyde errors.  

Believe it or not Pars fans, that was one of our better performances!

Although we were dominated for 99% of the match by a stronger and much better side, if not for the usual gifted mistake, this time by Gomis we may well have gotten a daylight robbery point, assuming the second goal wouldn’t have happened as we would not have had 11 men up the park.

Still a defeat it was and we can’t complain but we are in deep deep trouble with no way out it seems

Get Lennon to f**k. He’s just done saying the back 3 didn’t work and holding his hands up for it and we play it again tonight.

Thicot and Lyon are absolutely shite, get them binned.

Gomis dreadful tonight too and should have been hooked after about 30mins.

Dunfermline bigger, stronger and faster than us all over the park. Constantly pumping high balls at Allan with which he had no chance against their defence.

Todd came on a game last season at right-back, which I thought was his best position, but he has proved his worth at centre mid. It is very pleasing to see local boys working their nuts off and taking their chance when it has came to them. Assist and worldie goal tonight. Can’t ask for more!

I feel sorry for Barry Cuddihy and Ray Grant (who had a much better second half) who continue to serve us well and are both having decent seasons. We've also seen the Peter Grant we thought we were signing in the past two home games.

Sadly, against a well drilled team who were stronger, quicker and fitter all over the pitch, the deficiencies we have are even more noticeable. I think the 352, basically going man to man across the middle, helped us stay in the game but the two wing-backs continue to be nowhere near good enough (Craig possibly might be in 3/4 years time and we know all about Lyon). That said, they'd be poor as full-backs either way. Gomis, despite continuing to rack up MotM points, has been absolutely hopeless for weeks now and needs binned on Saturday. Thicot is a French Balatoni; decent pedigree but his ability has just fallen off a cliff, albeit he clearly wasn't comfortable playing on the left side. Obviously not having a striker that can secure possession is killing us constantly. I'm all for Parry not attempting to come for a cross for the rest of the season as well.

Dunfermline marginally better than Falkirk for me at this stage. No-one else will be near that pair come the end of the season.

Just home, cause I didn’t realise the M8 was such a disaster.

Clyde were poor. But we played well at times. No idea how we didn’t score from a set piece. Seemed to win so many headers. Also weren’t clinical enough in open play. Wighton was very very good tonight and very unlucky not to score more. Parry made a good save from him and he had another just wide.

Matty Todd though. What a boy. Some strike. Took it so well.

edit to add - that’s the most card happy ref I’ve seen in a long time. Barely a bad tackle in the game, but he gave so many yellow cards out. No need for that tonight.

Edited by CallumPar