Clyde vs Dunfermline - Rearranged for Tue 18th Oct

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Think the "week of mourning" is only for the Royal Household, so we should be fine but aye, can't see next week's games going ahead and since that's our home game v Falkirk I'm sure we'll be looking to play that on a Saturday if possible. 

Just all seems a bit OTT a minutes silence would be enough & let those that want get on with their lives

Just now, peternapper said:

Just all seems a bit OTT a minutes silence would be enough & let those that want get on with their lives

Oh, absolutely. You can go to the pub, the cinema, the theatre, the rugby (in England), the cricket, the golf, etc. But the folk in charge of our game ultimately I think just thought they'd better copy what they did down south.

Minute silence, black armbands and get on wae it fs!
Make people work aw week but then cancel events and enjoyment cause a 96 year old woman kicked it.
Cost of living crisis and they are forcing people and clubs to loose money they've spent on tickets, travel and not to mention the staff at grounds up and down the country to mourn someone they didn't know.

I've known of folk who have had relatives die, even close ones like a parent, and still go to the football. They said it helped them take their mind off things and just get away from eveything involved in it for a while.

I've known of folk who have had relatives die, even close ones like a parent, and still go to the football. They said it helped them take their mind off things and just get away from eveything involved in it for a while.
Working folk don't have the same emotions as the Landed Class.

We're too used to our close relatives dying of cholera, diphtheria and TB to form any kind of close bond with them.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, when I had a close relative pass I went to the Pars v East Fife the next day. Never fully takes your mind off it but its a couple of hours where there's at least something. 

Yep, I’ve done that. This is just a farce. A complete and total nonsense.

Too many missing the point. Firstly, with 24 hour tv , especially news, this type of event is a god send in terms of filling the schedule at low cost. Secondly, we now live in times where every decision made by those in charge of organisations is pored over and debated by the media and social media endlessly and criticised harshly/repeatedly. It is in no senior person’s interest to run the risk of upsetting the easily offended, so no one takes any risk now. Those who are offended by everything have created this environment and now we all need to live with it.

On 10/09/2022 at 20:19, The 55 said:

Too many missing the point. Firstly, with 24 hour tv , especially news, this type of event is a god send in terms of filling the schedule at low cost. Secondly, we now live in times where every decision made by those in charge of organisations is pored over and debated by the media and social media endlessly and criticised harshly/repeatedly. It is in no senior person’s interest to run the risk of upsetting the easily offended, so no one takes any risk now. Those who are offended by everything have created this environment and now we all need to live with it.

snowflake found ^^^

Too Right!

Did she not win The Badminton Horse Trial or the like with a pony called 'Dunfermline'?

Obvs a secret Pars fan...would have honered her memory to have played the match even on the Sunday...  Might haven given those travelling to Edinburgh something to listen to on the wireless during that long journey from Braemar.

First you openly condemn anyone who is a Conservative, then you condemn anyone who disagreed with you on the Goodwillie situation, openly abusing the Glasgow Branch for their support of him and now your outspoken and one dimensional views on the Monarchy are being forced on us on what is a football forum.

Always interested in others views football wise, but why not just sit on your political and social comments or find the appropriate platform to air your points?

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

First you openly condemn anyone who is a Conservative, then you condemn anyone who disagreed with you on the Goodwillie situation, openly abusing the Glasgow Branch for their support of him and now your outspoken and one dimensional views on the Monarchy are being forced on us on what is a football forum.

Always interested in others views football wise, but why not just sit on your political and social comments or find the appropriate platform to air your points?

Cry more my guy.

Quite wild that you're having a go at me for being anti-Tory, anti-rapist and now anti-monarchy, I'm not sure how you think that you can possibly come off well from that - which is very funny, at least for me.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

4 hours ago, JBJ said:

Hear, hear

6 hours ago, JBJ said:

^^^ flag shagging loyal subject found