Clyde vs Dunfermline - Rearranged for Tue 18th Oct

Ridiculous decision.

Not that it would’ve made a spot of difference but I hope the club pushed back on this. I’d imagine we’ll be taking a big hit financially because of this. Dunfermline would’ve brought one of the bigger away supports this season which will no doubt be halfed for a midweek game. Seething. 

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:
Works for me personally but a terrible decision overall.
Wait until they chop the Falkirk game at EEP next weekend as well...

Don't say it!

No games should have been called off at all but if they're scrapping this weekend then it doesn't make sense to play any before the funeral.

It does my tits in that footballing bodies feel the need to get involved in shite like this to the detriment of clubs at our level and fans at all levels.

The ice hockey is still on at Braehead tonight for me which is a small consolation but I was looking forward to the morra as were many of us.

like others have said a minutes silence pre-match would have been sufficient. This national mourning for someone none of us knew personally or had any say in her position in society is a joke.

North Korea-esque birthday caird pish.

Aye even worse for part-time sides that need to get players time off from their work & general loss of revenue at this time. Even if the funeral is next week they say there would be another week of Mouring after that, could be like another pre-season by the time teams get back to playing with the precedent now set

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Loss of income for clubs is the biggest annoyance for me, all for something you might not at all bothered about. Why these things can’t be down to choice rather than forced upon everyone. 

There's a Saturday in December with no games (and no cup rounds scheduled), hopefully the lower league card will just get shifted until then.

7 minutes ago, David W said:

There's a Saturday in December with no games (and no cup rounds scheduled), hopefully the lower league card will just get shifted until then.

If you’re referring to the 10th, that’s the 4th round of the Challenge Cup. Knowing our luck we’ll be out and Dunfermline will still be in it. 

1 hour ago, David W said:

Thats presuming it is only this weeks games that are affected, with the funeral and week of mourning spoken about it could be 3 weeks without a game if they stick to their guns

1 minute ago, peternapper said:

Thats presuming it is only this weeks games that are affected, with the funeral and week of mourning spoken about it could be 3 weeks without a game if they stick to their guns

Think the "week of mourning" is only for the Royal Household, so we should be fine but aye, can't see next week's games going ahead and since that's our home game v Falkirk I'm sure we'll be looking to play that on a Saturday if possible.