Arbroath v Raith Rovers

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Now, back to something you can complain about…the rabidly anti-monarchist line taken by more than a few in Scottish football forum seems a wee bit of a pose…😂😂😂

It's a sad state of affairs when people are so embittered by their political views that they lack the humility to show a little respect imo.

In all honesty, I'm delighted the games off this.weekend. Hopefully next week too because we need the time to re-group, get some players fit and hopefully bring in a signing or 2... Could be a blessing in disguise 

13 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Well obviously not, because one's a conscious decision and the other is weather. 

So there is no conscious or subjective decision making process involved in postponing a game for weather related issues? The weather just decides? 

I'm obviously being facetious but you get my point. Bunch of grown adults wetting their pants beacuse a game of football is postponed... What a time to be alive. 

21 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

It's a sad state of affairs when people are so embittered by their political views that they lack the humility to show a little respect imo.

It is a reflection of the move to a reactive society, exemplified by Twitter, Instagram, FaceTwat, etc…

There would have been nothing wrong with playing the games (in my opinion), especially if a nice nod like a moment of silence and /or armband was used, however the disruptions that would have occurred from those opposed to that common courtesy would have been pretty prevalent. In the long term, the dictatorial nature of this result will backfire on those trying to enforce a show of reverence for the monarchy, and actually helps the opponents who would have been (rightfully, again, in my opinion) pilloried for their outbursts.

I suspect the higgly-piggly nature of the cancellations and continuations will he highlighted over the next bit and will result in evolution of future plans, and might finally provoke a deeper discussion on the monarchy going forward. If you’d like, you could take Trump, and we’ll take Chuck.😉

1 hour ago, RavyDavy said:

I'm obviously being facetious but you get my point. Bunch of grown adults wetting their pants beacuse a game of football is postponed... What a time to be alive. 

I've not seen a lot of knicker wetting about this to be fair. 

Mostly considered points about why the decision is a lot of shite.

13 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I've not seen a lot of knicker wetting about this to be fair. 

Mostly considered points about why the decision is a lot of shite.

Looks like the decision was on the SPFL. From GOV.UK:

Major events, entertainment and sports

There is no obligation to cancel or postpone events and sporting fixtures, or close entertainment venues during the National Mourning period. This is at the discretion of individual organisations. As a mark of respect, organisations might wish to consider cancelling or postponing events or closing venues on the day of the State Funeral. They are under no obligation to do so and this is entirely at the discretion of individual organisations.

If sporting fixtures or events are planned for the day of the State Funeral, organisations may want to adjust the event timings so they do not clash with the timings of the funeral service and associated processions. As a mark of respect, and in keeping with the tone of National Mourning, organisers may wish to hold a period of silence and/or play the National Anthem at the start of events or sporting fixtures, and players may wish to wear black armbands.”

I’ll rescind my prior suggestion that this was a failure to update to match the times and move to blaming the SPFL to being led by a load of useless c**ts.

2 hours ago, RavyDavy said:

In all honesty, I'm delighted the games off this.weekend. Hopefully next week too because we need the time to re-group, get some players fit and hopefully bring in a signing or 2... Could be a blessing in disguise 

I think politics is a crock of shit. I think it’s basic common sense that this is something that is not required.

Are people who will frequent pubs, clubs, shops, cinemas, theatres, restaurants, the rugby and cricket tomorrow disrespectful or lacking humility? 

The state of this weird little country we live in

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Shit, it’s worse, I’m in Texas, where we make most Tories look like Greens! The comment, BTW, was how the plans were never evolved because of fearful people rather than backwardness. That is the general result in many a government venture, worldwide.

Now, back to something you can complain about…the rabidly anti-monarchist line taken by more than a few in Scottish football forum seems a wee bit of a pose…😂😂😂

Texas looks like a beautiful part of the world enjoy it, also give me Texas or Florida over California or New York any day of the week and twice on a Sunday. 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Texas looks like a beautiful part of the world enjoy it, also give me Texas or Florida over California or New York any day of the week and twice on a Sunday. 

It was, but the polarization is everywhere, and intolerance is growing. Honestly, California is in similar straits, while New York (State) is a little better off. Florida is sort of like an asylum being run by the craziest inmates, who believe everyone must follow their dictates and pay for them…the end is likely to be sudden and sticky.

Just now, TxRover said:

It was, but the polarization is everywhere, and intolerance is growing. Honestly, California is in similar straits, while New York (State) is a little better off. Florida is sort of like an asylum being run by the craziest inmates, who believe everyone must follow their dictates and pay for them…the end is likely to be sudden and sticky.

USA is a place that goes to extremes like no other. My relatives are in California and desperate to get away to Texas or Florida. What a country. 

I note that the bit about the postponement on our website also says that the rearranged date of this match "and any others affected" will be announced in due course. 
I'm betting next weekend is a write off also. 

I know the English leagues are expected to postpone their games next weekend as well so I’d expect us to follow suit.