Jump to content

Arbroath v Raith Rovers


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Thought it was a 50/50 challenge from my crossbar/net obscured view to be fair.

It was, but he didn't win the ball and his raised boot went straight into the Arbroath player's shin. Not uncommon for that to result in a red. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Arbroath look a shadow of the team they were last season and seem to have lost a bit of identity in terms of the way they play. We've been awful but not really under any pressure especially with the wind against us. Last season it would have been a bombardment that I'd imagine this team would have folded under.

We have 2 defensive midfield players, 3 central midfield players and a winger playing upfront, infront of our back 4. Some good players to but the squad and team is so unbalanced and all over the place It’s fkn embarrassing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

No matter who our striker is, someone needs to stop them dropping deep. It's a natural reaction when they're not seeing the ball, and John Frederiksen hasn't watched Connell and (in particular) Gullan do it fruitlessly for fifteen games, but it's infuriating. Stay on the last man, get into the box, stay there. Let our bucketloads of attacking midfielders worry about the space between the halfway line and the D. 

Standard with 1 up top to drop deep though. You have to rely on those behind you to get up alongside to allow you to push on again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It was, but he didn't win the ball and his raised boot went straight into the Arbroath player's shin. Not uncommon for that to result in a red. 

Common sense from the ref. I mean when you slide you have to raise your boot, in a challenge like that it's probably partly to protect yourself too. Yellow is the right call I'd say

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We have 2 defensive midfield players, 3 central midfield players and a winger playing upfront, infront of our back 4. Some good players to but the squad and team is so unbalanced and all over the place It’s fkn embarrassing 

Would still fancy you to score. We aren't any less likely to let a clanger drop than Arbroath.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Common sense from the ref. I mean when you slide you have to raise your boot, in a challenge like that it's probably partly to protect yourself too. Yellow is the right call I'd say

I fully agree, but I've seen more than enough reds resulting from them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arbroath away with the wind behind you seems like EXACTLY the time you want to have a 6"8 striker on the pitch. 
However, he has looked absolutely miles off it. 

I really want him to succeed but he’s contributed absolutely zero in his two starts. I think Murray will persist with him, especially with Connell looking so poor, but it’s not looking great.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...