Arbroath v Raith Rovers

2 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

A word of caution to Raith fans before some of you get carried away - Arbroath were rotten last night, this was their worst performance of the season - if you can only score one goal in such circumstances, this is cause for concern.

Equally concerning was that Raith were not much better - an awful match between two teams short of form, flair and creativity.

But fair play for leaving with 3 points.

Maybe Arbroath were rotten because of the way we played them. Who goes to Gayfield in a gale thinking we can do it better than Arbroath?

Scott Brown was excellent last night. When you're the only one saying he was crap, then you've got to question why you think that.

We all love Matthews but Brown has not been in the "droppable" category at all this season imo. 

Also, I'm a big fan of Arbroath's incremental ground improvements every time I visit. Impressed. Apart from the fences at the corner.

Edited by pantene proV

11 hours ago, pantene proV said:

Scott Brown was excellent last night. When you're the only one saying he was crap, then you've got to question why you think that.

We all love Matthews but Brown has not been in the "droppable" category at all this season imo. 

Also, I'm a big fan of Arbroath's incremental ground improvements every time I visit. Impressed. Apart from the fences at the corner.

Scott Brown was very good the other night calm on the ball and seldom loses it....Good player

14 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Main difference is that Rovers are creating chances.  Almost every week we have created pretty decent opportunities,  and more often than not some sitters.

Other than McDonald's save, Arbroath had absolutely nothing.

I've struggled to get to games but one thing I have noticed from the highlights packages is the number of pretty decent chances we've squandered. If one of the strikers was to get in a groove or we had a reliably fit Lewis Vaughan our season could turn around fairly rapidly.

Both these things are no guarantee unfortunately.

Love Arbroath as a ground. Only disappointment was that the away end didn’t continue round until the half way line. Appreciate that’s probably to look after your own fans but the Rovers and Arbroath supports huddled under there with only a cage between would have created a great atmosphere 

Don’t think any Rovers fans have over inflated views of our ability. At the moment we’re floating between challenging for a play off up the way or looking at getting dragged into the relegation battle. No one can predict how it will be on our form so far. It could go either way. 3 points on Wednesday nudged us up the way so you’ve just got to be thankful for that.