Arbroath v Raith Rovers

Fucking hell.  Raith were absolutely nowhere, and then just walked one in.  Arbroath had the best of the half, but really, should have done better.  Are we allergic to shooting?  

Eta, commentators were speculating that TOB might be carrying an injury.  Its possible.  But he's not been quite right all season.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Up until the 40th minute I'd have said a fair summation of Rovers first half was "Ross Millen taking throw ins".

Goal came from not much. Arbroath will be aggrieved the 8 billion corners they managed in about a 2 minute spell didn't get them anything. Frederiksen looking better defending his own box than anything else. 

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Brutal stuff.  Some guy has spewed his supper up bang in the middle of the terrace, which is the most interesting thing to happen. 

Aye right behind me, missed us all thankfully, manky wee erse. Had he caught me with it I'd have kicked the hole off of him.

Arbroath have had the bulk of possession and been the better side but MacDonald has only really had one proper save to make (it was a brilliant one tbf).

A strong wind at their backs has obviously helped them to keep us pinned in but probably hasn’t helped their final pass which has been overhit on numerous occasions. Will be interesting if it holds up second half and who it benefits.

Good finish by Stanton, we’ve at least carried a threat on the break. Only really been up the park towards the Arbroath 3/4 occasions but we have created decent opportunities each time with Stanton putting one past the post and Connolly hitting the bar in addition to the goal.

Not a great game, two evenly matched teams, still all to play for second half.

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Aye right behind me, missed us all thankfully, manky wee erse. Had he caught me with it I'd have kicked the hole off of him.

Careful, he might have kept some in reserve.

3 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Arbroath have had the bulk of possession and been the better side but MacDonald has only really had one proper save to make (it was a brilliant one tbf).

A strong wind at their backs has obviously helped them to keep us pinned in but probably hasn’t helped their final pass which has been overhit on numerous occasions. Will be interesting if it holds up second half and who it benefits.

Good finish by Stanton, we’ve at least carried a threat on the break. Only really been up the park towards the Arbroath 3/4 occasions but we have created decent opportunities each time with Stanton putting one past the post and Connolly hitting the bar in addition to the goal.

Not a great game, two evenly matched teams, still all to play for second half.

I’d be fucking amazed if we scored one goal never mind two

Bobby will be hooked for some made up guy in the next 15 minutes and any goal threat we had will be gone

Edited by 1320Lichtie

No matter who our striker is, someone needs to stop them dropping deep. It's a natural reaction when they're not seeing the ball, and John Frederiksen hasn't watched Connell and (in particular) Gullan do it fruitlessly for fifteen games, but it's infuriating. Stay on the last man, get into the box, stay there. Let our bucketloads of attacking midfielders worry about the space between the halfway line and the D. 

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Brutal stuff.  Some guy has spewed his supper up bang in the middle of the terrace, which is the most interesting thing to happen. 

Happened at Ochilview couple of weeks back haha.