Arbroath v Raith Rovers

Craigen was in and out our team for his entire spell with us and I always got the feeling he thought he was better than he was. Thomson will be missed more. 
Iv always rated craigen quite highly since his time with us. Beyond him not clearing the ball that led to hibs scoring in the playoffs of course. I do think tait will fill his role in midfield, but he isn't able to play elsewhere on the pitch. Same with Thomson. Did they both ask for their release because they wouldn't be starting?

32 minutes ago, grumswall said:
38 minutes ago, Smokerson said:
Craigen was in and out our team for his entire spell with us and I always got the feeling he thought he was better than he was. Thomson will be missed more. 

Iv always rated craigen quite highly since his time with us. Beyond him not clearing the ball that led to hibs scoring in the playoffs of course. I do think tait will fill his role in midfield, but he isn't able to play elsewhere on the pitch. Same with Thomson. Did they both ask for their release because they wouldn't be starting?

Craigen was watching Luke Donnelly and Fosu play infront of him in central midfield tbf ( that is absolutely crazy for the Rovers fans that do not know ) so think that’s why he wanted away 

I heard after Hamilton away there was a big bust up, JT was made to look like he needed a zimmer by one of their young lads and that lead to the penalty. So I think that’s why he’s left, I think Championship probably a step too far for him as a RB now. He’d have been good cover for centre half though 

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Craigen was watching Luke Donnelly and Fosu play infront of him in central midfield tbf ( that is absolutely crazy for the Rovers fans that do not know ) so think that’s why he wanted away 

I heard after Hamilton away there was a big bust up, JT was made to look like he needed a zimmer by one of their young lads and that lead to the penalty. So I think that’s why he’s left, I think Championship probably a step too far for him as a RB now. He’d have been good cover for centre half though 

I think Thomson still lives in West Fife, so a move to Kelty probably does help him a lot in terms of travel, etc.

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Thomson was always a bit clumsy tbh and he was never the quickest. With advancing years I can imagine that has been somewhat exacerbated. 

Whilst a player I had time for, I was relatively comfortable with him going on the account that his lack of pace was starting to be exposed, even if he was contributing very well in an attacking sense. As usual this did not work out expecially well for us, as he joined Arbroath and got promoted. Seemingly he's been fine at Championship level until now as well. 

At the time he left us he was looking to go PT as I think he was looking to develop his career outside of football. By the sounds of it things are going well for him on that front, so all the best to him. 

On 05/09/2022 at 18:56, 1320Lichtie said:

No ToB and or Scotty Allan, no Mikey McKenna and Nicky Low will no doubt be nowhere to be seen 

Gaston

Oakley

Little

Hammy

Hancock

Tait

Jacobs

Stewart

Hilson

Linn

Shanks 

No doubt Fosu will play though DC seems to love him. That teams very suspicious but we’ve got absolutely f**k all else.

I’d probably play Gold if he was fit and the only boy we’ve got worth putting on off the bench is Dylan Paterson. Grim 

Quite like this although maybe worth chucking Isiaka in to see if he's anymore of a target man than Shanks, given we will just shell the ball up front. Usually dead against him but off the striker is the only position Hilson is capable of playing at this level so start him there and hopefully we get lucky.

48 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Quite like this although maybe worth chucking Isiaka in to see if he's anymore of a target man than Shanks, given we will just shell the ball up front. Usually dead against him but off the striker is the only position Hilson is capable of playing at this level so start him there and hopefully we get lucky.

Isiaka is most definitely not a target man.

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Isiaka is most definitely not a target man.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

He’ll be a “target” of abuse after the match, perhaps…

1 hour ago, DUAFC said:

From whom whoever ?

It was a play on the earlier posts complaining that he can’t play, nothing more.

5 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

I did get your pun...hope he's a target of abuse after the match, from Rovers' fans.....maybe, hopefully  😉

The way both our seasons have been going, each sides fans will be busy abusing their own with no time to spare.🤷🏻

So, just saw the discussion on Nicky Low, interesting circumstance. Would Dick allow him to go the Morton with a proviso he not play versus Arbroath, or is it find a lower level team near Perth or he sits until at least the winter window?

What’s the pitch going to be like on Saturday? Forecast looks like it’s to be pishing rain today and tomorrow then fair on Saturday.  Always enjoy Arbroath as a day out, plenty good pubs and being able to get the train straight into the town centre and walk to the ground. Looking forward to it.