Arbroath v Raith Rovers

13 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:
1 hour ago, TxRover said:
Sun…fitba…emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Obviously you have not enjoyed the delights of Costa del Gayfield on a warm and sunny January.

No, but while it was years ago, the Fife Riviera at Christmas still makes my toes ache…without the wind of the Costa!

No ToB and or Scotty Allan, no Mikey McKenna and Nicky Low will no doubt be nowhere to be seen 

Gaston

Oakley

Little

Hammy

Hancock

Tait

Jacobs

Stewart

Hilson

Linn

Shanks 

No doubt Fosu will play though DC seems to love him. That teams very suspicious but we’ve got absolutely f**k all else.

I’d probably play Gold if he was fit and the only boy we’ve got worth putting on off the bench is Dylan Paterson. Grim 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

The only problem is if he shows something against us, what have you proven…

At this point, it really doesn't matter.  Whether he scores a 15 minute hattrick, or knocks himself out heading the ball into his own goal, it seems elements of our support will erupt in outrage the moment he steps on the pitch.

I want him to start just for the lols on this thread.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No ToB and or Scotty Allan, no Mikey McKenna and Nicky Low will no doubt be nowhere to be seen 

Gaston

Oakley

Little

Hammy

Hancock

Tait

Jacobs

Stewart

Hilson

Linn

Shanks 

No doubt Fosu will play though DC seems to love him. That teams very suspicious but we’ve got absolutely f**k all else.

I’d probably play Gold if he was fit and the only boy we’ve got worth putting on off the bench is Dylan Paterson. Grim 

Gaston

Stewart  Little Hammy Hancock

Oakley Jacobs Tait Corfe

Hilson Fosu

8 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Gaston

Oakley Jacobs Tait Corfe

Hilson Fosu

Hello is that you DC? I never knew you were on pie and bovril.

Can you please tell me what Bobby Linn has done to you????

10 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

At this point, it really doesn't matter.  Whether he scores a 15 minute hattrick, or knocks himself out heading the ball into his own goal, it seems elements of our support will erupt in outrage the moment he steps on the pitch.

I want him to start just for the lols on this thread.

What is this kind of patter by the way? I don’t understand it.

Why would anyone erupt in outrage when he steps on to the pitch? 

Unfortunately, I think the first quarter of the league season will be a write off - a combination of key players being out injured or suspended, combined with having no fire power up front means that we are missing our mojo.

I think we will turn the corner in late Sept early Oct when we are back to having a full squad and also a couple of new signings - until then I think we are running on empty and need to lower our expectations.

Dylan Tait and Scott Allan will both prove to be great signings ( lets forget about the sending off) - two more quality signings and a full squad and we will soon start getting results and climbing the league - but we will need some patience over the next few weeks as we are very much a depleted team for the month of Sept.

12 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Gaston

Oakley Jacobs Tait Corfe

Hilson Fosu

Jesus. I know we’re threadbare at the moment but picking the least goal threatening 11 possible is probably not the best option.

We desperately need to score and win this game as Raith are struggling too. Supposedly their full backs are mince so we need Bobby running at them and Shanks and/or Isiaka up front. Can’t afford to be cautious as we really don’t want to be chasing the game with 20 to go.

Edited by Tattie36

1 hour ago, clashcityrocker said:

Unfortunately, I think the first quarter of the league season will be a write off - a combination of key players being out injured or suspended, combined with having no fire power up front means that we are missing our mojo.

I think we will turn the corner in late Sept early Oct when we are back to having a full squad and also a couple of new signings - until then I think we are running on empty and need to lower our expectations.

Dylan Tait and Scott Allan will both prove to be great signings ( lets forget about the sending off) - two more quality signings and a full squad and we will soon start getting results and climbing the league - but we will need some patience over the next few weeks as we are very much a depleted team for the month of Sept.

Problem is that if we don't start picking up points before the end of Sept/early Oct we may be so far adrift that it will be nigh on impossible to make 8th place by the end of the season. 

The teams in the top half of the league are not going to have catastrophic collapses and that leaves a limited amount of teams against whom we would hope to get results. So I don't think we can really adapt a wait and see attitude. We are in a bad place right now, unfortunate that we've had so many injuries and red cards but it was obvious that an experienced striker was needed to be signed since last season, instead of relying on a possible loan.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Jesus. I know we’re threadbare at the moment but picking the least goal threatening 11 possible is probably not the best option.

We desperately need to score and win this game as Raith are struggling too. Supposedly their full backs are mince so we need Bobby running at them and Shanks and/or Isiaka up front. Can’t afford to be cautious as we really don’t want to be chasing the game with 20 to go.

The team I picked wasn't my choice, it's what I think we will end up playing 🤣

If it was me I'd have Linn and Stewart on the wings