Arbroath v Raith Rovers

Going to be a big game for Arbroath. We desperately need a win and that can only happen with a massive improvement in attack.

Will we bring a striker in to give us a lift or be left waiting another week for much needed firepower.

Will Raith be eyeing up 3 points this game to get them up the table.

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Going to be a big game for Arbroath. We desperately need a win and that can only happen with a massive improvement in attack.

Will we bring a striker in to give us a lift or be left waiting another week for much needed firepower.

Will Raith be eyeing up 3 points this game to get them up the table.

Reverse Arbroath and Raith and our sentiments are pretty much the same. 

Appreciate we are better off points wise but a defeat here drags us right into trouble.

Given both teams goalscoring issues, you'd have to think the first goal will be absolutely crucial. 

What are the arrangements for away fans this season? It looked from highlights of your match v QP that the ends have switched again from last season?

Appreciate we are better off points wise but a defeat here drags us right into trouble.
Given both teams goalscoring issues, you'd have to think the first goal will be absolutely crucial. 
What are the arrangements for away fans this season? It looked from highlights of your match v QP that the ends have switched again from last season?
The club has placed a new media portacabin in the corner of the ground at the pleasureland end. Much easier to put segregation at that end so away fans are now located there. Will stay like that for years to come i can imagine.

Wheels have well and truly come off our wagon and its hard to see where a goal will come from never mind a win, only real positive is we will have o’brien back. I’d go with a change of formation.
Gaston
Stewart little tob hammy hancock
Jacobs tait gold
Linn shanks
Bit harsh on hilson who has done well in the last couple of games so I wouldn’t be against him getting another start. Also if we could keep 11 on the park that would be great [emoji106]

40 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Wheels have well and truly come off our wagon and its hard to see where a goal will come from never mind a win, only real positive is we will have o’brien back. I’d go with a change of formation.
Gaston
Jacobs tait gold
Linn shanks
Bit harsh on hilson who has done well in the last couple of games so I wouldn’t be against him getting another start. Also if we could keep 11 on the park that would be great emoji106.png

Again another nonsense post. Obrien suspended 

6 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Gaston
Jacobs tait gold
Linn shanks
Bit harsh on hilson who has done well in the last couple of games so I wouldn’t be against him getting another start. Also if we could keep 11 on the park that would be great emoji106.png

Yous will score if you play half decent wingers against our Full backs we’ve got Ross Millen on the right and the guys an absolute donkey and on the left Liam dick who is just passive and scared to go forward, both can’t cross water we genuinely have the 2 worst full backs in the league by far 

Should sign that James Craigen that scored 2 goals for Edinburgh City on Saturday, one of the most bizarre "free" transfers i have ever seen in my 50+ years supporting the Red Lichties, one of our few players who was not scared to have a shot at goal from distance, plus keep Bobby Linn on, still i reckon we will win 2-0 for the AFC (Linn and Shanks).

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

Depending on other results a defeat here could see us 5 points from safety. I know it’s still early in the league campaign but that’s very concerning. 

No TOB or Allen is a concern and McKenna will still be missing. Midfield won’t have played much together by the looks of it. Hopefully we get a striker in on loan this week to give us some threat in the final 3rd. 

22 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If you were at the 3-3 game towards end of last season you will be at the opposite end this season. 

Some home fans aren’t happy with the new arrangement 

22 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:
22 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The club has placed a new media portacabin in the corner of the ground at the pleasureland end. Much easier to put segregation at that end so away fans are now located there. Will stay like that for years to come i can imagine.

Is it any warmer at that end? Been a long time since I was at Arbroath but then we were at the sea wall side and it was brass 😂

Is it any warmer at that end? Been a long time since I was at Arbroath but then we were at the sea wall side and it was brass [emoji23]
Yes and no.

Depends which way the wind is blowing.

All i know is you will not have the sun in your eyes as it will be behind you covered by the roof.

Could be the perfect scenario where the sun is out but its very windy. Arbroath fans getting slight warmth from the sun and sheltered from the wind. But away fans will have the wind in their faces and freezing in the shade.

But generally the wind will be towards the harbour end.

37 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

If you were at the 3-3 game towards end of last season you will be at the opposite end this season. 

Some home fans aren’t happy with the new arrangement 

I was. Based on the goalscoring problems both teams appear to have a repeat seems unlikely.