Cove Rangers V Dundee Tues 4th Oct 7.45.

1 hour ago, DoingThe42 said:

I'm not getting too hung up on having rules or things I have to do, but I am taking pictures and keeping a wee diary of the season. Planning to make up a wee scrap-book of things like tickets, half-time draw tickets etc.

It's been good fun so far, and I'm mixing it up in terms of who I go to games with. Got a mate up in Aberdeen who's coming to both games with me this weekend, and I've already been through a fair cast of companions. A good way of catching up with people.

Both new grounds for me this weekend too, so it'll be fun. Saw Elgin at Dumbarton a couple of weeks ago. Hester took his goal well and I thought they were maybe a wee bit unlucky to lose.

Sounds awesome mate. Do you have a blog or something? 

5 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Looking forward to going to this will be the first game I’ve been to this season and it’s nice and local. Where is everyone planning on going for pre match pints? Hopefully a decent turnout from us. 

Good question don't think many Dees are aware of the Cove ends.

@CoveRangers1922Can you help us out on the boozer scene in your neck of the woods.

As for the game if we can't beat Jim Mcintyres Cove then It'll be a real low point. 

Thank you.

27 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Good question don't think many Dees are aware of the Cove ends.

@CoveRangers1922Can you help us out on the boozer scene in your neck of the woods.

As for the game if we can't beat Jim Mcintyres Cove then It'll be a real low point. 

Thank you.

Not many boozers close by.  The location of our ground sucks to be honest. It's in an industrial estate.

However, there's the Wellington Hotel about 10 minutes walk away (same side of the road as the ground). It's a pub/restaurant. Does the job but nothing special.

Equally close by is The Landykes which is on the opposite side of the main road from the ground. From the outside looks shite, better on the inside and is a proper pub.

Failing either of those we have a fan zone which is a glorified portakabin which welcomes home and away fans. Normally open at least 2 hours before the match.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Not many boozers close by.  The location of our ground sucks to be honest. It's in an industrial estate.

However, there's the Wellington Hotel about 10 minutes walk away (same side of the road as the ground). It's a pub/restaurant. Does the job but nothing special.

Equally close by is The Landykes which is on the opposite side of the main road from the ground. From the outside looks shite, better on the inside and is a proper pub.

Failing either of those we have a fan zone which is a glorified portakabin which welcomes home and away fans. Normally open at least 2 hours before the match.

More ino on the fan park please.

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

According to the club site, Cove have sent ticket down, but we haven't received them yet. Standing only, should be on sale tomorrow. Less than 4 days before the game.

Fucking Hell Tired GIF - Fucking Hell Tired Done - Discover & Share GIFs

Saw the Dundee twitter post. The standing part can't be right. The temporary seated stand (880 seats) for away fans behind the goal was being used on Saturday by the Accies and was used by Raith on the opening day of the season.

Should get a seat. 

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Saw the Dundee twitter post. The standing part can't be right. The temporary seated stand (880 seats) for away fans behind the goal was being used on Saturday by the Accies and was used by Raith on the opening day of the season.

Should get a seat. 

Maybe they’re just being sold as standing tickets but you’ve a chance of a seat if you get there early enough?

I’ll be going because I’m working in Aberdeen on Friday. What’s the parking situation at the ground? Car park, or a free-for-all in nearby streets?

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Maybe they’re just being sold as standing tickets but you’ve a chance of a seat if you get there early enough?

I’ll be going because I’m working in Aberdeen on Friday. What’s the parking situation at the ground? Car park, or a free-for-all in nearby streets?

Yeah maybe. Roofs went on the temp stands last week so there's some protection from the rain.

There's an office car park 100 yards short of the ground on the right hand side that is used. There's also street parking on the road up to the ground.

15 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

More ino on the fan park please.

Thank you. 

Info on the fanzone? Sits around 50. Total capacity about 100-150. It's small. It's located just past the home turnstiles. I don't have any internal photos. Owners of McGintys took over this summer.

If you mean fan parking see above 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Signed up to P&B near the end of Jim McIntyre's multiple record breaking relegation season with him having been in charge for nearly 4/5ths of the 2018/19 league season. Impossible for me to remain silent then or since, lol.

Incredibly prior to him being removed from his job at Dens he was actually on record as planning for the following season!!! A measure of the man's character was a pre-match or half time, don't recollect which, ex player introduction to a desperately slavering and grateful Tannadice waving a tangerine scarf merely months after heavily contributing to our relegation due to his managerial incompetence.

Assumed his next appointment in a professional footballing capacity would be at Fort William FC, clearing the visiting wild stag and hind excrement from the actual playing surface.

Anyway, nowt personal merely business, however I truly hope Dundee contribute to his dismissal at your club by hitting seven on Friday evening.

2 - 0 Cove Bay it is then, can't bring myself to type the R word, lol.

Regards    

9 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Noticed Cove swapped the home and away dugouts for the Hamilton game. I take it Jim McIntyre didn't like being close to the away fans for the Ayr game? I see he didn't appreciate the comments from the home fans either (11:57)

Was wondering about that, how close the tangerine moron was to the away support.

Doesn't matter where he hides though, a barrage of abuse will be incoming.

Thank you.