Cove Rangers V Dundee Tues 4th Oct 7.45.

I really like @CoveRangers1922 on here. Seems like a good lad and always enjoy his posts and he's the only Cove fan I've really noticed on here. 

Therefore, I hope you don't mind our absolute bile and hatred of Jim McIntyre that is undoubtedly going to plague this thread. Maybe you can join in?

Hopefully we can end his management career on Friday so that Cove can get a more progressive manager in.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I really like @CoveRangers1922 on here. Seems like a good lad and always enjoy his posts and he's the only Cove fan I've really noticed on here. 

Therefore, I hope you don't mind our absolute bile and hatred of Jim McIntyre that is undoubtedly going to plague this thread. Maybe you can join in?

Hopefully we can end his management career on Friday so that Cove can get a more progressive manager in.

Cheers Ludo. All criticism of McIntyre is completely justified from what I've seen so far at his fable attempt to manage us. Just want him emptied as soon as possible. Any luck it might tie in with when Hartley gets the boot from Hartlepool. 

Took charge of a club on an upward trajectory and within 2 months has turned things sour. 

Accies fans were singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" to him and I reckon that might have happened if not for our late goal. That would have been a disappointment for the hundreds of Dundee fans who will be travelling up to help secure that fate.

Board won't take too much more of this. Lose the next two he'll be out of football for good.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

21 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Board won't take too much more of this. Lose the next two he'll be out of football for good.

I thought that before, but then up he pops, back up, like a shite that wont flush.

Thank you.

Hello. I'll be heading up to this one as number 12 of the 42 for this season.

Can't see anywhere to buy a match ticket on the Cove website. Is it just PATG?

Already seen both teams this season. Thought Cove were lucky to win at Albion Rovers in the League Cup. Always hard to tell early doors, but I did think they'd need to show major improvement to survive the Championship. Dundee looked weak at the back when I saw them lose to Thistle, but with a few more minutes they'd have rescued that one.

Looking forward to the game.

5 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

Hello. I'll be heading up to this one as number 12 of the 42 for this season.

Can't see anywhere to buy a match ticket on the Cove website. Is it just PATG?

Already seen both teams this season. Thought Cove were lucky to win at Albion Rovers in the League Cup. Always hard to tell early doors, but I did think they'd need to show major improvement to survive the Championship. Dundee looked weak at the back when I saw them lose to Thistle, but with a few more minutes they'd have rescued that one.

Looking forward to the game.

Tickets will be available online, probably from tomorrow, or can be bought from the ticket office (hatch in the wall next to that away turnstiles) until kick-off. 

Completely agree, we were very poor against Albion Rovers and luckily came out with a 2-1 win. A draw wouldn't have been unfair. We've only won 2 out of 12 under McIntyre. 8 defeats and 2 draws to go with the 2 wins

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Tickets will be available online, probably from tomorrow, or can be bought from the ticket office (hatch in the wall next to that away turnstiles) until kick-off. 

Completely agree, we were very poor against Albion Rovers and luckily came out with a 2-1 win. A draw wouldn't have been unfair. We've only won 2 out of 12 under McIntyre. 8 defeats and 2 draws to go with the 2 wins

That's great, cheers.

14 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

As for the game this Friday night we'll need a couple of signings to be competitive. The difference between Cove under Hartley and Cove under McIntyre is night and day. 

If no signings, mastermind Jim will stick Mitch up top alone again losing a foot in height to each Sweeney and French and we'll play high balls aimlessly when under pressure and it'll come right back to us.

We'll try to keep it tight but we've shown nothing so far to say we'll take much from this game.

How much would you say the rise in difficulty has played a factor in the rough start this season? You'll have become quite accustomed to level changes and Cove's ability to seemingly not even notice. Does it fell a step too far for the setup or would you say it's purely McIntyre who is holding you back?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

5 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I'm on 30 odd of the 42. Good luck with doing all 42 in the one season, seems like you're well on your way.

I'm getting there! Trying to front-load the season as much as possible to avoid late catastrophe. Imagine getting stuck on 41 or something?

Cove and Elgin this weekend and then in October I'm hoping to get to eight, taking me over half-way.

All really good fun so far. I'm sad enough to have always wanted to try this.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

How much would you say the rise in difficulty has played a factor in the rough start this season? You'll have become quite accustomed to level changes and Cove's ability to seemingly not even notice. Does it fell a step too far for the setup or would you say it's purely McIntyre who is holding you back?

No doubt that McIntyre is playing a big factor in our regression / rough start. He may as well turn up wearing big floppy shoes, a multi-coloured wig and a big red nose. 

It was obvious that this season was always going to be the toughest transition so far. Hartley's Cove was a cohesive unit, confident, played for each other and looked hard to beat.  Stark contrast to what we have currently. Jim can't man manage, his formation and tactics are dreadful and his recruitment is woeful. I wouldn't want to play for him.

Hartley would have us higher for sure and would have brought in better players in the summer. I'd feel much more confident in him keeping us up and getting ready for moving to hybrid. Latter is required for us to truly compete at this level. 

Losing Harry was always going to be massive.

15 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

I'm getting there! Trying to front-load the season as much as possible to avoid late catastrophe. Imagine getting stuck on 41 or something?

Cove and Elgin this weekend and then in October I'm hoping to get to eight, taking me over half-way.

All really good fun so far. I'm sad enough to have always wanted to try this.

Good on you. Collecting anything from each visit or photographing your efforts?

There's 2 out of the 42 I have absolutely no desire to go to. You'll guess which ones easily enough.

I like Borough Briggs as a ground. Old school where you can sit in the main stand, stand on the terracing or sit on the grass banking behind the goals. Kane Hester; a fine player for Elgin. Stand out in L2.

I regularly go to other matches when Cove aren't playing. 9 SPFL grounds within an hour drive.

44 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Good on you. Collecting anything from each visit or photographing your efforts?

There's 2 out of the 42 I have absolutely no desire to go to. You'll guess which ones easily enough.

I like Borough Briggs as a ground. Old school where you can sit in the main stand, stand on the terracing or sit on the grass banking behind the goals. Kane Hester; a fine player for Elgin. Stand out in L2.

I regularly go to other matches when Cove aren't playing. 9 SPFL grounds within an hour drive.

I'm not getting too hung up on having rules or things I have to do, but I am taking pictures and keeping a wee diary of the season. Planning to make up a wee scrap-book of things like tickets, half-time draw tickets etc.

It's been good fun so far, and I'm mixing it up in terms of who I go to games with. Got a mate up in Aberdeen who's coming to both games with me this weekend, and I've already been through a fair cast of companions. A good way of catching up with people.

Both new grounds for me this weekend too, so it'll be fun. Saw Elgin at Dumbarton a couple of weeks ago. Hester took his goal well and I thought they were maybe a wee bit unlucky to lose.