Post a random, unusual/interesting fact about yourself

Flybhoy

On 04/09/2022 at 21:16, hearthammer said:

I won Scottish Schools Senior 4 x 100m relay gold medals two years running (😎) in the mid 70s.  One was at Scotstoun and the other at Pitreavie. Was never good/fast enough to compete for the individual sprints, but was part of a solid team that had 2 sprinters who were excellent and who could compete. Me and the other guy were the makeweights to compliment the genuine athletes.

So did you tell them how good they were?

On 05/09/2022 at 12:57, DA Baracus said:

That terrifies me, I can't stick an MRI scan, never mind that.

On 07/09/2022 at 07:00, Hedgecutter said:

From a clenched fist, I can't raise my ring finger unless the pinkie is raised too.  When holding up just these two fingers, my pinkie acts like an extremely fast spring when forced down and released.   It's surprisingly entertaining.

I'm Bored Thread for that kind of chat.

On 09/09/2022 at 17:17, Priti priti priti Patel said:

My RE teacher had his nipple bit off by a horse.

And you know this because?

On 10/09/2022 at 10:32, Hedgecutter said:

Other than just one of it's owner's, I am the only person to be liked by a particular chihuahua that seems to otherwise hate mankind (and all other animalkind). 

Bit strange considering it belongs to my other half's friend who I rarely see, but it took a random shine to me one day despite the tiny rat-dog and I having a mutual dislike for ages.  Even the owners husband can't touch the thing without it trying to snap his finger off.  Bound to be unfounded background rumours of me cheating on my other half with her friend.  

Maybe I'm some sort of Dr Doolittle.  I've certainly had wild blackbirds and squirrels take food out of my hand before.  

We've one like that, dislikes everyone, but particularly detests grandson nr 3, against whom he's taken a real spite.

We think it's because he maybe smells farm animals off his clothes.

I was an honorary crewmember of HMS Beaver.

I've just discovered that the ship was sold for scrap more than twenty years ago, so you can imagine my disappointment at not being informed.

On 11/09/2022 at 10:59, Lord Snooty said:

I once did a pee outside.

I used to go drinking in Alloa town centre when I was a teenager. Walking home along Grange Road, my mates and I would stop when the street turned in to a bridge and peed onto the road below.

Months we did this and no traffic. But one night there were 4 or 5 of us in a line, raining down on the road below when a lorry turned down the street underneath us. The lorry driver, seeing us above him producing a night's weak beer, started honking his horn quite angrily. He honked his horn as he drove through the waterfall.

Happy days.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

One of the members of the Bloodhound Gang stuck his finger up my nose.

We went to see Bloodhound Gang around 2000 I think at The Barras and they got a girl we knew up in stage to strip off completely naked, was all fun and games till the realisation she was standing bollock naked in front of around 2000 people hit her and she scampered off stage. Looking back, their behaviour was extremely dodgy as with a lot of bands of that era 

43 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

We went to see Bloodhound Gang around 2000 I think at The Barras and they got a girl we knew up in stage to strip off completely naked, was all fun and games till the realisation she was standing bollock naked in front of around 2000 people hit her and she scampered off stage. Looking back, their behaviour was extremely dodgy as with a lot of bands of that era 

I saw them live in 2007 and their bassist dragged some heavy object that was crocodile clipped to his bollocks a few meters. Idiotic behaviour that could have gone horribly wrong for him.

Looking back, their behaviours and lyrical content were very dodgy tbh - misogynistic, racist and sometimes just plain wrong. They definitely would not have got away with a lot of that these days. There is a video documentary of their 1997-98 tour in which they victimised their former drummer Spanky G (who had some sort of condition that had stunted his growth) and they look like a bunch of wankers.

Apparently they have broken up due to some stupid stunt that they did while touring in Ukraine and Russia (burning the flag of Russia while in Ukraine, and vice-versa) resulting in the Russian secret service wanting to "interview" them.

Edited by Richey Edwards

Amusing podcast about one of the Bloodhound Gang's albums here. I wonder how many people bought Hooray for Boobies based on The Bad Touch and were horrified by Jimmy Pop's edgelord angry incel schtick.

The weird thing about the creepy shit that bands of that era did is that people would talk about what musicians from the Seventies got up to, and that they'd never have got away with it in the Nineties. Makes you wonder if today's popular beat combos such as...erm...*cough*...are just as bad, but the auld farts don't see it.

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Gender debate thread for this pish. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
On 11/09/2022 at 12:11, Richey Edwards said:
I once did a piss in my bed, because there was a toilet in my dream.
If you are dreaming and you see a toilet, it's a trap. Don't do it.

I bet your wife wasn't pleased that morning.

You trying to be funny?

This may shock you, but I don't have a wife.