Post a random, unusual/interesting fact about yourself

Flybhoy

I was once in a limo convoy with one of the (then) most powerful politicians in Europe; we had police outriders who stopped the traffic so our journey was uninterrupted.  I lived in a Council flat in Arden at the time.

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I was once in a limo convoy with one of the (then) most powerful politicians in Europe; we had police outriders who stopped the traffic so our journey was uninterrupted.  I lived in a Council flat in Arden at the time.

The Archduke Ferdinand?

I won Scottish Schools Senior 4 x 100m relay gold medals two years running (😎) in the mid 70s.  One was at Scotstoun and the other at Pitreavie. Was never good/fast enough to compete for the individual sprints, but was part of a solid team that had 2 sprinters who were excellent and who could compete. Me and the other guy were the makeweights to compliment the genuine athletes.

16 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

I won Scottish Schools Senior 4 x 100m relay gold medals two years running (😎) in the mid 70s.  One was at Scotstoun and the other at Pitreavie.

I ran the 800m at Pitreavie as part of a Scouts athletics event, standing in for somebody who never turned up just so that our group wasn't disqualified for a no show. Very much a forced "don't care if you're in jeans, just cross the line in last place and that'll be fine" type thing.

Having absolutely no running experience or warm-up, I sprinted the first lap thinking that would have been standard style, somehow ended up winning the bloody thing (albeit by a few seconds), but popularity rapidly waned as I proceeded to spew in full view of the packed stand having pulled a whitey after stopping. 

Watching me bolt into a 200m odd lead must have been a hilarious sight to behold.  Surprised I wasn't approached for a film opportunity given the popularity of the true-underdog-athlete genre (Cool Runnings, Eddie the Eagle, etc).

Underground exploration is my hobby. I am a spelunker. My name is Hedgecutter the Spelunker. I hunt for, discover, and map Scottish caves (and some ancient mines).

Most recent joint 'discovery' was a breakthrough dig into a mile-long extension to an old limestone mine near Kilsyth, part of which was a stone-lined pit-pony-driven railroad containing giant iron nails, last seen by somebody who lived at the time of George III.

Picture of the Kilsyth mine, with me pointing at a featureless bit of rock for artistic effect.  You can see why they used small kids as labour.  F*** crawling through that daily.

FB_IMG_1660368237932.thumb.jpg.8eb50d6c6830561f9722047645296328.jpg

Often perceived as the thing of nightmares by some people, but being the first person in the history of humankind to set sight on a previously undiscovered part of Scotland is a feeling that never grows old.

23 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

my son bowled Brian Lara.

Jimmy Carr Reaction GIF by The QI Elves

22 hours ago, Ylf said:

Was in sharm el sheikh in Egypt years ago sitting in a cafe when the ground started rumbling thought it was some bomber or suchlike as they had attacks previously so I started to run but the cafe owner ran after me as I hadn’t paid and said it’s ok it’s only a slight earthquake emoji23.png

Terrific excuse for tea leafing. I'm going to try this on Tesco.

21 hours ago, johnnydun said:

In 2002, I was just a couple of millimeters shy of having a World Record of a longest body part.

My tongue was 9 cm from lip to tip, the Record at the time was 9.3 cm.

Be honest, how many PM's have you had after this?

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Underground exploration is my hobby. I am a spelunker. My name is Hedgecutter the Spelunker. I hunt for, discover, and map Scottish caves (and some ancient mines).

Most recent joint 'discovery' was a breakthrough dig into a mile-long extension to an old limestone mine near Kilsyth, part of which was a stone-lined pit-pony-driven railroad containing giant iron nails, last seen by somebody who lived at the time of George III.

Hide contents

Picture of the Kilsyth mine, with me pointing at a featureless bit of rock for artistic effect.  You can see why they used small kids as labour.  F*** crawling through that daily.

FB_IMG_1660368237932.thumb.jpg.8eb50d6c6830561f9722047645296328.jpg

Often perceived as the thing of nightmares by some people, but being the first person in the history of humankind to set sight on a previously undiscovered part of Scotland is a feeling that never grows old.

Genuinely F*** that - I cannot think of  a worse way to die than being trapped between a rock and a hard place, literally.  

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

image.jpeg.8109640e9f59338ff5f3887f399ad939.jpeg

She's not really a politician though

Edited by hk blues