Post a random, unusual/interesting fact about yourself

Flybhoy

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

You should have given it another go.

I survived and then got mauled by a horse. I remember putting scissors into the bar of an electric fire, falling through a glass door and cutting the cable on electric hedge trimmers.

@Shandon Paris an amateur.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I survived and then got mauled by a horse. I remember putting scissors into the bar of an electric fire, falling through a glass door and cutting the cable on electric hedge trimmers.

@Shandon Paris an amateur.

Wonder if it was the same horse that got me? 

My stupid dog got into a field with a racehorse once and the pair of them chased each other round the field at 35mph. 

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Wonder if it was the same horse that got me? 

My stupid dog got into a field with a racehorse once and the pair of them chased each other round the field at 35mph. 

Long time ago now. I was feeding it and it bit me on the shoulder. Left the biggest love bite ever.

29 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Long time ago now. I was feeding it and it bit me on the shoulder. Left the biggest love bite ever.

19 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The fucker got me on the shoulder too. Maybe we are an alias account?

My RE teacher had his nipple bit off by a horse.

On 04/09/2022 at 21:16, hearthammer said:

I won Scottish Schools Senior 4 x 100m relay gold medals two years running (😎) in the mid 70s.  One was at Scotstoun and the other at Pitreavie. Was never good/fast enough to compete for the individual sprints, but was part of a solid team that had 2 sprinters who were excellent and who could compete. Me and the other guy were the makeweights to compliment the genuine athletes.

Tony Tarquini was a talented hurdler, but not known for his blazing speed on the flat.

Ken McKay, although not primarily a sprinter, could certainly shift a bit.

That's my best @Hedgecutter impersonation.

13 minutes ago, sugna said:

Tony Tarquini was a talented hurdler, but not known for his blazing speed on the flat.

Ken McKay, although not primarily a sprinter, could certainly shift a bit.

That's my best @Hedgecutter impersonation.

Ken McKay held the Scottish long jump record for a good number of years after he left school. Tony I knew through athletics circles.   I'm guessing you were at the same school/athletics club as either Ken or Tony ??

10 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Ken McKay held the Scottish long jump record for a good number of years after he left school. Tony I knew through athletics circles.   I'm guessing you were at the same school/athletics club as either Ken or Tony ??

No, different school and clubs. However I was very interested in the sport from the mid 80s to the late 90s, so I have disturbingly wide knowledge of that era. I remember being there when Ken jumped a windy 7.72m.

I'm fairly sure he didn't ever hold the Scottish record - although I think that windy jump was probably the longest by a Scot until Darren Ritchie came along.

I just overlapped with you at the Pitreavie 1976 champs, although I didn't win until 1979. The wait made it sweeter, I suppose.

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

I've checked further.

Although Ken never actually held the Scottish record, he did in fact hold the Scottish Native record from 1986 to 2000.

Good man to have on your relay team.