Ayr vs Thistle - 10th September 2022

I think they waited on the EPL announcement and just followed it. If there were English games on over the weekend then the SPFL would have received criticism if they cancelled the card. 

On the flip side, if the EPL cancelled and the SPFL went ahead, they would have been firmly in the sights of the “Royalists” for being disrespectful. especially when there could have been booing during minutes silences.

The easiest thing to do for all involved was to wait for the EPL announcement and then follow it. 

28 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

Statement from The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport:

“There is no obligation to cancel or postpone events and sporting fixtures, or close entertainment venues during the National Mourning period. This is at the discretion of individual organisations.

“As a mark of respect, organisations might wish to consider cancelling or postponing events or closing venues on the day of the State Funeral. They are under no obligation to do so and this is entirely at the discretion of individual organisations.

“If sporting fixtures or events are planned for the day of the State Funeral, organisations may want to adjust the event timings so they do not clash with the timings of the funeral service and associated processions,” it adds.

“As a mark of respect, and in keeping with the tone of National Mourning, organisers may wish to hold a period of silence and/or play the National Anthem at the start of events or sporting fixtures, and players may wish to wear black armbands.”

kim jong un GIF

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Are tickets bought refunded or just used in the rearranged game.

I phoned the club shop about this (having bought my ticket in the Home Bakery) - once a date for the rearranged match is announced you can get a refund (not sure whether it will be the club shop or the Home Bakery in my case, tba).

Edited by wuffster

22 minutes ago, wuffster said:

I phoned the club shop about this (having bought my ticket in the Home Bakery) - once a date for the rearranged match is announced you can get a refund (not sure whether it will be the club shop or the Home Bakery in my case, tba).

Maybe you can swap it for a couple of sausage rolls and a tray of doughnuts?

37 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We play Morton on the Thursday before the Scotland game, could we not play Thistle on the Sunday? 

We’re playing Falkirk on the Friday night, so probably not.

That and one of our more important players will be away on international duty with the under 21s, so can’t imagine we’ll be keen. 

They've shat it from the Rangers badge / Union Jack / Queen as profile pic Twitter which would have jumped on the outrage bandwagon, no doubt helped along by a few select newspapers.   As folk have said, as soon as there was no English football on we were never ever going to play, no matter what other Sports (rugby, golf, cricket, horse racing) are fine to go ahead at various points over the weekend 

I have the greatest respect for the Queen but that decision is draconian,  if anything was to get cancelled it should have been made when her funeral arrangements were announced not before and all the clubs in Britain would have had a moment of respect before the games.

Will more games be called of when the arrangements are made?

7 minutes ago, K77 said:

Just to pish in your chips even more. Rugby, golf, cricket, horse racing, yeah they are all fine to resume over the weekend. 
seems it’s just football that’s getting royally fucked over. 

Clearly they can't let the upper classes suffer at this tragic time.

8 minutes ago, K77 said:

Just to pish in your chips even more. Rugby, golf, cricket, horse racing, yeah they are all fine to resume over the weekend. 
seems it’s just football that’s getting royally fucked over. 

EPL have fucked it.  Coming out that it wasn't based on anything other than a "show of respect" and clearly they wanted to be shown to be making a decision early.  Presumably believing that everyone else would follow suit.  All other leagues didn't really have a choice but to follow suit, only to look like complete dildos now that other sports are doing the sensible thing.

27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Upper classes are 100% less likely to chant through a minutes silence though.

Rugby fans love the Queen

and drinking someone else’s piss for a laugh.

This. Mad how much fucking creepy shite the "rugby lads" get up to.

I grew up in Troon (live in Ayr now thankfully) and the place was full of fucking wierdos who loved rugby/cricket and thought stories about this kinda shite was funny. Her maj's biggest fans there.

Edited by AuAl

35 minutes ago, AuAl said:

This. Mad how much fucking creepy shite the "rugby lads" get up to.

I grew up in Troon (live in Ayr now thankfully) and the place was full of fucking wierdos who loved rugby/cricket and thought stories about this kinda shite was funny. Her maj's biggest fans there.

I grew up in Troon also, seeing people asking for the town to support Marr last season in the Scottish cup made me actively root against them. 
Everyone I know that is associated with Marr rugby is a complete w**k, no exceptions. 

26 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I grew up in Troon also, seeing people asking for the town to support Marr last season in the Scottish cup made me actively root against them. 
Everyone I know that is associated with Marr rugby is a complete w**k, no exceptions. 

Agreed. Absolutely this.

It seems like the English are recommencing their fixtures from Tuesday so Christ knows what we'll do ?

Will they play the postponed matches next midweek (which would be utter lunacy but par for the course) or will we want to further virtue signal and postpone ALL our league fixtures until after the funeral ??

Who knows with this mob of jokers.....