Ayr vs Thistle - 10th September 2022

42 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Both teams due a win.

2-2

I'd probably take a draw now of it was offered. Missing a few first teamers. 

Ayr seem to have their first team choices available.

21 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I'd probably take a draw now of it was offered. Missing a few first teamers. 

Ayr seem to have their first team choices available.

Our first choice back 4 have up the gifts from one to two goals a game in recent weeks and there is talk of bringing McGinty back in for Tuesday. 

So aye, we have all players available 

Is Dipo fit?  Saw a few folk say he was subbed on Saturday as he looked like he was struggling with a knock but haven't seen any of the post match interviews to see if it was mentioned?   Needless to say, him being in the starting XI or not will have a serious impact on my confidence levels for this! 

Wouldn't fancy our defence to keep out Sean McGinty playing up front never mind Akinyemi and our goals from open play have dried up in the last 4 games so not holding out much hope.

Also, it's absolute nonsense this game isn't being played on 10th December when both teams are idle, assume the rationale is it's less likely to be postponed at this point in the year.

4 hours ago, Hursty said:

Is Dipo fit?  Saw a few folk say he was subbed on Saturday as he looked like he was struggling with a knock but haven't seen any of the post match interviews to see if it was mentioned?   Needless to say, him being in the starting XI or not will have a serious impact on my confidence levels for this! 

He was doing a bit of stretching and feeling his shins before he was subbed and then was clearly limping as he walked into the dugout, however he didn't appear to get any treatment and jumped up a few times shouting etc when we got bad calls, so I'd say / hope that it was just a knock and will hopefully be fit for Tomorrow.

On the plus side, Mullin and Chalmers are getting better with each game and both are now presenting a real threat.

Like every other game in this league it could go either way, however with the players at our disposal it would be weird not to have every confidence in getting a result but I'd also be happy enough with a high scoring and entertaining draw in front of a big crowd.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Wouldn't fancy our defence to keep out Sean McGinty playing up front never mind Akinyemi and our goals from open play have dried up in the last 4 games so not holding out much hope.

Also, it's absolute nonsense this game isn't being played on 10th December when both teams are idle, assume the rationale is it's less likely to be postponed at this point in the year.

I'd assume the rationale is both teams will have booked that weekend as their Christmas night out as soon as they were bumped out the cup.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

18 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I hate it when opposition fans make posts like this. I’ve seen this movie too many times. That said, intae these weegie west end luvvies. 

Was my first thought too - pretty sure we heard the exact same from Raith and Dundee fans recently and lost both games after going a couple of down 🤣

Edited by Hursty

Before battle commences, I just want to say that I’ve always admired Thistle fans for making the decision you’ve made. Assuming most are Glasgow based, f**k me you’ve all done well to not make the easy decision to enhance your ego’s by supporting one of the ugly sisters. With any luck, not too many of you will bump into Death in Vegas. Go easy Death in Vegas.

38 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I hate it when opposition fans make posts like this. I’ve seen this movie too many times. That said, intae these weegie west end luvvies. 

You haven’t seen us in the last few games. We will find out at 9.35pm tonight, possibly earlier!

28 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Despite Saturday’s result I still think Thistle will win the league, unless Dundee invest in January. Therefore, a positive result for us would give me real hope we can secure a top 4 position.

What makes you say that ? We are only 3 points better off than this time last season and have injuries to key players and it looks like the back up isn’t as good as we thought.

Got a feeling this will be a cracking game and no idea how it will go.

Ridiculous that Ayr are currently 1 win in 6 (1 in 5 in league as the Challenge Cup one probably shouldn't count) and yet seem fancied to go top of the league tonight.

Before team news etc comes out I'm predicting a 2-2 draw and a lot of seethe toward Wullie Collum.

Hopefully Brian Graham doesn't get his 1000th career goal v Ayr.  That would be a good start.