Ayr vs Thistle - 10th September 2022

Going to suggest that conceding 12 goals in 6 days is sub-optimal. Just as well we're going to Kirkcaldy, where we haven't won in 11 years on Saturday...

We looked pretty devoid of ideas at 3-2 until the last 2 subs came on and had a bit of a flurry but it genuinely feels like every time the opposition have the ball in our half they're going to score at the minute.

Carbon copy of saturday. Play alright in the first half but go in behind due to poor defending then don’t turn up in the second half and give away more cheap goals. Dreadful subs too. Holt is a massive miss, Brownlie and Akinola are dreadful.

4 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I hate it when opposition fans make posts like this. I’ve seen this movie too many times. That said, intae these weegie west end luvvies. 

Any comments now?? You were told how bad our defence was!! 12 goals conceded in less than a week over 3 games tells its own story

Edited by Sting777

Also I didn't think Graham scored the second for us tonight (as said earlier I had stream muted due to audio being a second ahead of the video), looked like McMillan headed it back across goal and a combination of Dowds and an Ayr defender bundled it in? Might be wrong though.

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Also I didn't think Graham scored the second for us tonight (as said earlier I had stream muted due to audio being a second ahead of the video), looked like McMillan headed it back across goal and a combination of Dowds and an Ayr defender bundled it in? Might be wrong though.

I’m fuctifano mate.

Just in from game. Entertaining but with very little quality. Even first half with great diving header from Brownlie for us when no one around him. Second half was just a punt fest with, I think, the We Can Hoof It Further/More Times Than You award agreed by both teams at half time. Two good finishes to give us the win and a great win too. 10 goals at home in last 3 games. 

Expected a lot more from Thistle but think they had half a team out. Game on for the league now. The way things are going this season any team from 7th upwards could win the league.