Ayr vs Thistle - 10th September 2022

I’m looking forward to this one! 

I would freshen things up slightly with it being two games in quick succession.  JML adds genuine pace to the side and three in the middle of the park too as I think Partick have three in there and also to give Chalmers a bit more freedom to push Milne and Tiffoney back the way. 

Albinson 

Houston        Musonda     Kirk     Reading 

Dempsey    Murdoch 

Chalmers             Smith                        JML

Akinyemi 

I hope Ian McCall, Neil Scally, David Mitchell, Darren Brownlie, Aaron Muirhead, Ross Docherty, Stuart Bannigan, Scott Tiffoney, Cammy Smith and anyone else associated with Partick Thistle Football Club has a miserable Tuesday night. 

22 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
1 hour ago, D said:
Albinson

Houston
Kirk
Musonda
Reading

Murdoch
Dempsey

Chalmers
Mullin
Ashford

Akinyemi

That would be my team. Can’t see Bullen going for it.

Not going for it, like yesterday, is hardly a confidence booster for the players.

There isn’t anything wrong with having a bit of balance, and trying to get a bit more control of games. We have the players to do it - at the moment we are a bit naive and have probably went too far the other way in terms of being too open. 

Not going for it, like yesterday, is hardly a confidence booster for the players.

I don’t know what part of that team says we wouldn’t be going for it. We’re fielding our three best forward players and sacrificing a second striker for a forward player who brings more balance and support to the midfield.

Reading and Houston will still be getting forward, Kirk and Musonda do an insane amount of work to support attacks given they are centre backs and you’ve got Murdoch and Dempsey who both like to get forward.

I think the way we’ve been playing recently can be very exciting as seen by the Queens Park game but it also leaves us exposed at the back. Queens Park could have scored a couple of goals in the first half against us because of how open we were. I wouldn’t like to be going up against Partick and be that open at the back.

I don’t know what part of that team says we wouldn’t be going for it. We’re fielding our three best forward players and sacrificing a second striker for a forward player who brings more balance and support to the midfield.

Reading and Houston will still be getting forward, Kirk and Musonda do an insane amount of work to support attacks given they are centre backs and you’ve got Murdoch and Dempsey who both like to get forward.

I think the way we’ve been playing recently can be very exciting as seen by the Queens Park game but it also leaves us exposed at the back. Queens Park could have scored a couple of goals in the first half against us because of how open we were. I wouldn’t like to be going up against Partick and be that open at the back.
Maybe it's just because of yesterday but have the fear for this game that he will be extra cautious and go the other way. Aside from Ashford I wouldn't be totally surprised if McKenzie started either.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Albinson

Houston
Kirk
Musonda
Reading

Murdoch
Dempsey

Chalmers
Mullin
Ashford

Akinyemi

That would be my team. Can’t see Bullen going for it.

I was thinking about the system Kerr persisted with, which was a 4-2-3-1 and as you just suggested. We have the personnel for it so I'd give it a go. 

Not sure I'd be starting Ashford though but agree with the rest.

Was also wondering if 4-3-3/4-5-1 could be an option?