Ayr vs Thistle - 10th September 2022

They'll definitely cancel the games, they can't be seen to not do it after hearing English games are off. Don't get it at all. If folk are upset by it and want to stay at home mourning then they can, nothing stopping them and that's their decision.

Gonnae have to avoid tv and socials for few a few weeks. Pathetic groveling and fawning over royals. Fucking 2022.

I really hope they don't postpone games,was really looking forward to the next couple, but they will get some amount of criticism from sycophants if they don't. It's pish.

Not a chance the games on Saturday will be on. Staggeringly this will likely be the case for next week as well.

The SPFL would be (justifiably in my opinion) terrified of torrent of abuse and hysterical guff from the media, staunch types etc. Not to mention the Sevco fans who'd probably brick a few windows if they let the matches go ahead.

I dislike the competitive mourning were about to get probably about as much as I hate the people desperate to show how much they don't care , but fucking hell, imposing a period of mourning for the vast majority, let's face it, who won't have any further thought than "oh that's a shame" is mental. It's like they've taken the worst parts of the poppy appeal and turned it up to 11.

2 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Our match away to Raith was postponed when Princess Di was murdered so this one has no chance of being on.

1 hour ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

Talking of "hysterical guff" - fact check - she was NOT murdered.

52 minutes ago, ButAtWhatCost1 said:

Yes she was

35 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Well I mean as of today we'll never be able to interrogate the chief suspect, will we.

Can Open Season 2 GIF by Friends

9 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Not a chance the games on Saturday will be on. Staggeringly this will likely be the case for next week as well.

The SPFL would be (justifiably in my opinion) terrified of torrent of abuse and hysterical guff from the media, staunch types etc. Not to mention the Sevco fans who'd probably brick a few windows if they let the matches go ahead.

It seems pretty incongruous that games on the day of her death went ahead, but games for days after are cancelled. Is it out of respect or practicality?

11 hours ago, forameus said:

I dislike the competitive mourning were about to get probably about as much as I hate the people desperate to show how much they don't care , but fucking hell, imposing a period of mourning for the vast majority, let's face it, who won't have any further thought than "oh that's a shame" is mental. It's like they've taken the worst parts of the poppy appeal and turned it up to 11.

The majority, as you say, really don't have any serious thoughts on the matter as they've never met her nor did she have any direct impact on their life or the life's of their friends and family.

It should be enough for people to have a "choice" in how they pay their respects but having this forced mourning is utterly pathetic and just shows the contempt in which the little people are held by those in authority.

The irony being that if a club official / former player / club volunteer passed away, the clubs would STILL be expected to take to the pitch for their next match with maybe a minutes silence and a black armband sufficing, however the people involved would actually personally KNOW these people but that wouldn't matter.

As such, the whole thing must be seen for the virtue signalling farce that it is.......

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

It seems pretty incongruous that games on the day of her death went ahead, but games for days after are cancelled. Is it out of respect or practicality?

UEFA decision apparently.

12 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The majority, as you say, really don't have any serious thoughts on the matter as they've never met her nor did she have any direct impact on their life or the life's of their friends and family.

It should be enough for people to have a "choice" in how they pay their respects but having this forced mourning is utterly pathetic and just shows the contempt in which the little people are held by those in authority.

The irony being that if a club official / former player / club volunteer passed away, the clubs would STILL be expected to take to the pitch for their next match with maybe a minutes silence and a black armband sufficing, however the people involved would actually personally KNOW these people but that wouldn't matter.

As such, the whole thing must be seen for the virtue signalling farce that it is.......

It definitely smacks of a decision they last had to make 70 years ago in how tone-deaf it is.  The monarchy has likely. never been less popular, and if they decide to force an entire nation - regardless of their feelings - to undertake some mawkish mourning period, that's only going to get worse. I really doubt old Queenie was sitting in the past few weeks dictating all the things that couldn't happen when she was gone, it's all a group of people imagining up ways people should pay respect, because of their own beliefs.  

I don't doubt there's going to be plenty of people out there devastated by this.  If you are, that's fine, and you can mourn in your own way, absolutely welcome in that.  Forcing it on everyone else?  f**k off.