Ayr vs Thistle - 10th September 2022

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

For all the chat of Thistle taking our best players, they only actually signed one player from us. And even then the only other ex Ayr player they got that would’ve done well for us was Crawford. Moore, Forrest and McCowan all told Jobby to beat it.

I’d also argue Docherty wouldn’t get a game with us currently. I’d rather have Murdoch and Dempsey. 

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

For all the chat of Thistle taking our best players, they only actually signed one player from us. And even then the only other ex Ayr player they got that would’ve done well for us was Crawford. Moore, Forrest and McCowan all told Jobby to beat it.

Thistle have spent the last few seasons hoovering up our cast offs. They’re just a richer Stranraer.

David Mitchell, Steven Bell, Robbie Crawford, Aero, Doc, Tiffoney ( albeit he wasn’t really ours)

Won’t be long until the announce the signing of Andre Wright.

Thistle have spent the last few seasons hoovering up our cast offs. They’re just a richer Stranraer.
David Mitchell, Steven Bell, Robbie Crawford, Aero, Doc, Tiffoney ( albeit he wasn’t really ours)
Won’t be long until the announce the signing of Andre Wright.

Brownlie, Bannigan (a know he was on loan from Partick) Cammy smith, Geggan and Declan Mcdade (Partick-Ayr-Dundee-Partick, cut short because of Covid)

Just a crazy of amount of players that’s moved between the two teams obviously not all directly. Also pretty confident he approached Forrest and Mccowan. There was also a lot of talk in the summer about Adeloye god knows if there was anything it it but.

6 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Can you please play muirhead? I think Dipo would run him ragged and he might get so frustrated he does something rash and get sent off. 

Muirhead has been really good for us when he has played this season. Until Brownlie is fully ready, I think he will be 1st choice. However, we could quite easily start with Akinola.

12 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Bus and ticket booked. Looking forward to putting the Ayr cry-hards back in their box for another season...

You had a chance literally to put us back in our box last game of last season and you fucked it.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ll easily get some English outfit to pay 6 figures for the big man. In the summer though.

We have him on a 2 year deal and the difference in prize money between 3rd and 7th is over £200k, over and above this we don't need the money.

As such, I'd be surprised / shocked if he left in January for anything under £300k but would more likely be looking at £500k for any bid to be taken seriously.

As such, I'd be surprised / shocked if he left in January for anything under £300k but would more likely be looking at £500k for any bid to be taken seriously.

£500k for a guy who's played well in ten games in the Scottish second tier? We didn't get close to that for Lindsay who was in the Premiership team of the year and half a decade younger. I understand how Ayr would want that much for him but right now there aren't any clubs with a spare half mil ruing the window being closed as they want to spend it on Akinyemi.

If he keeps up this form until the end of the season then £500k would be realistic, but I'm sure that like us you've had plenty of players come in and look the part only to become passengers by the end of the season.

£500k for a guy who's played well in ten games in the Scottish second tier? We didn't get close to that for Lindsay who was in the Premiership team of the year and half a decade younger. I understand how Ayr would want that much for him but right now there aren't any clubs with a spare half mil ruing the window being closed as they want to spend it on Akinyemi.

If he keeps up this form until the end of the season then £500k would be realistic, but I'm sure that like us you've had plenty of players come in and look the part only to become passengers by the end of the season.
The one caveat of this is brexit, clubs with player holding a UK passport can probably expect to hold out for a lot more money than before as clubs can't at our level (bangala perfect example) and probably English champ and downwards go and pick up prospects from the EU as easily meaning any young player who does well with a UK passport is going to be going for a premium.

40 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

To be fair, we did get 275k for Fitzpatrick, who really hadn't done that much for us (and in the second tier too). And Hamilton got a Mil for Hendrie, do who knows?

To be fair, we did get 275k for Fitzpatrick, who really hadn't done that much for us (and in the second tier too). And Hamilton got a Mil for Hendrie, do who knows?
They were seven and five years younger than Akinyemi when they were sold, so had a much higher potential upside than a guy in his mid-twenties who's been drifting around the English non-league for the bulk of his career.

Not sure I'd call seven goals in thirty appearances for an 18 year old midfielder not that much either.

17 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

Looking forward to this one massively. My prediction is a goal feast 2-2 or 3-3. Graham will score so will fitzy and the boy up top for Ayr will grab a couple. Hope we can somehow get tiff back, for all he’s been off it slightly the last few games I think we are a far more creative side with him in it. Teams worry about him and double up and it frees up space for wee stevie, fitzy or midfielders to get in and around the box. A win would really send out a statement of intent from us but I could certainly live with a point and I suspect that will be what both teams get.

“The boy up top”? You take that back! The best striker in Scottish football deserves better. He has a name. Don’t make me send him round to your house!

6 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

Mildly optimistic about this one given our current form, spirit and depth on bench ,and an Ayr heavily reliant on one man delivering the goods up front .

“One man”!? 

he has a name!!! You’re going on Dipo’s list.

5 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

January I am hearing!

Not if yous don’t even know his fricken name! You’re going on the list too.

Dipo’s gonnae get yous.....

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

It's no like he's come to Ayr to convince a club like Partick to give him an extra £80 a week anyway so this is all irrelevant but he's on a two year deal, if someone wanted to buy him in January it'd need to be worth our while which a few tens of thousand pounds is not.  

It's no like he's come to Ayr to convince a club like Partick to give him an extra £80 a week anyway so this is all irrelevant but he's on a two year deal, if someone wanted to buy him in January it'd need to be worth our while which a few tens of thousand pounds is not.  
An extra £80 a week? Next season we'll be splashing Premiership cash around. We're talking at least an extra £90.

20 minutes ago, 9queens said:

Reading the club website I understand you can't pay cash on Saturday?

Is this correct or a way of getting money up front?

You can buy a ticket online, on the day in the club shop (with cash if you want), or from the ticket pod round the side of Cameron’s Bar. No cash at the turnstile.