Ayr vs Thistle - 10th September 2022

3 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Don't understand this attitude at all, Ayr shouldn't have anything to fear at home to any team in this league and if you've got title or even playoff ambitions you've got to be looking to win these games.

I mean there's a difference between a random punter being happy with a draw (which would keep Ayr above Thistle in the table) and, say, the manager being happy with a draw (see the absolute garbage on display over the course of the previous two seasons).

21 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

It's amazing to think of whare we were a few months back that even a defeat on Saturday would still keep us second.

29 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I mean there's a difference between a random punter being happy with a draw (which would keep Ayr above Thistle in the table) and, say, the manager being happy with a draw (see the absolute garbage on display over the course of the previous two seasons).

Whit they have said. 

Wan team in AYRshire 

Looking forward to this one massively. My prediction is a goal feast 2-2 or 3-3. Graham will score so will fitzy and the boy up top for Ayr will grab a couple. Hope we can somehow get tiff back, for all he’s been off it slightly the last few games I think we are a far more creative side with him in it. Teams worry about him and double up and it frees up space for wee stevie, fitzy or midfielders to get in and around the box. A win would really send out a statement of intent from us but I could certainly live with a point and I suspect that will be what both teams get.

1 minute ago, I Clavdivs said:

Mildly optimistic about this one given our current form, spirit and depth on bench ,and an Ayr heavily reliant on one man delivering the goods up front .

I think that's unfair on this Ayr team. The whole team has played well recently. It hasn't been all down to Dipo - though he has been a big factor in the recent good form.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I think that's unfair on this Ayr team. The whole team has played well recently. It hasn't been all down to Dipo - though he has been a big factor in the recent good form.

Fair enough,not detracting from Ayr’s current good form other than to point out that on the goal scoring front you are basically relying on one man with the likes of Sean McGinty being joint second highest scorer on one goal  ….surely that must be a worry ?

1 minute ago, I Clavdivs said:

Fair enough,not detracting from Ayr’s current good form other than to point out that on the goal scoring front you are basically relying on one man with the likes of Sean McGinty being joint second highest scorer on one goal  ….surely that must be a worry ?

Our other striker Mark McKenzie has also played well recently and scored on Saturday. Hopefully that's the start of a scoring run for him as well.

I think the team would be quite a bit worse without Dipo in it and it would definitely be a worry if he was injured. He's been an absolutely brilliant find for us.

26 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Our other striker Mark McKenzie has also played well recently and scored on Saturday. Hopefully that's the start of a scoring run for him as well.

I think the team would be quite a bit worse without Dipo in it and it would definitely be a worry if he was injured. He's been an absolutely brilliant find for us.

Must be on McCall’s radar for a transfer raid at some stage ……😏

Edited by I Clavdivs

That's cute that Partick still think we're wee guys, and they can hoover up our best players.
I doubt j-low has deep enough pockets for Dipo.

For all the chat of Thistle taking our best players, they only actually signed one player from us. And even then the only other ex Ayr player they got that would’ve done well for us was Crawford. Moore, Forrest and McCowan all told Jobby to beat it.